Windows 10: Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?

Discus and support Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting mixed signals, I've asked here before. but pls, I wanna squeeze every gaming juice out of my pc, I've disabled some startup programs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SandyPlayz86, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?

I keep getting mixed signals, I've asked here before.

but pls,

I wanna squeeze every gaming juice out of my pc, I've disabled some startup programs, changed power options to High Performance.

changed advanced system performance settings to "Adjust for best performance" and "Adjust for best performance of" Programs"

I clean temp files everyday.

I get around 10-60 fps normally on singleplayer worlds, multiplayer works better and I get 5-150 fps.

and these are on the lowest settingseven with optifine and other performance mods

here are my specs:

Processor: 2x IntelR CeleronR CPU N2480 with 2.16GHZ

Ram: 8gb 7.89 useable

OS type: 64

Hard drive: 500gb hdd. now 409gbwindows os & apps

the cpu actually played games really well on windows 8, but windows ten, most of the issues seemed to pop up.

I don't know if this is cause of how compact windows is, or cause of my space.

But with an ssd, it would reduce load times, meaning chunks would load faster. meaning fps boosta little Right?

I don't wanna buy a new laptop/desktop anytime soon, I want to get the best out of my laptop. People have has really good experiences with the gaming on celeron n2840, so I don't think it is a problem with my laptop, windows 8 performed better on this laptop, What I just wanna know is microsoft could lower the impact 10 has on the pc, or if an ssd would help any of this, I believe it will, just wanna ask.

P.S.

saying windows 8 runs better is not an insult to windows 10, 10 is more advanced, but has performance bugs/issues on it.

:)

SandyPlayz86, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    FPS drops when playing Minecraft in Full screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only while playing Minecraft?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

As you have mentioned that this issue occurs in Minecraft, and if you have downloaded Minecraft from store, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

You can also refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Clean boot

This could be due to background apps or services taking more resources on the computer that is why you get FPS drop. We can try performing a clean boot on the computer and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However,
    that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article How to perform a
    clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 2: Rolling back driver

As you have mentioned that after updating the drivers you are facing this issue, I suggest you to try rolling back the driver. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the NVidia Driver and select
      Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on
      Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer if prompted.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?

Minecraft slow FPS after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

If issue still persists I would suggest you to contact Minecraft support

Refer:

http://minecraftsupport.com/

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?

1. Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all? - Similar Threads - ssd help minecraft

2. Minecraft Bedrock Low FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock Low FPS: Hello there! I've been playing Minecraft Bedrock on my laptop for some time now. But my FPS keeps dropping to around 15-20 FPS on my laptop when I play the game. My laptop used to run it at more than a hundred fps pretty easily, and I don't remember facing issues like this...
  3. Minecraft Bedrock Low FPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Low FPS: Hello there! I've been playing Minecraft Bedrock on my laptop for some time now. But my FPS keeps dropping to around 15-20 FPS on my laptop when I play the game. My laptop used to run it at more than a hundred fps pretty easily, and I don't remember facing issues like this...
  4. my fps are decresing in minecraft so much

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my fps are decresing in minecraft so much: When i play minecraft 20 min it is finn no fps drop and after 20 min then i get lag in the game i see in afterburn my cpu lowed ghz?pls help i have i7 10 gen CPU IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPUand a grapic card and 8 gb rami think issues in my cpubecause i use msi after burn for...
  5. my fps are decresing in minecraft so much

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my fps are decresing in minecraft so much: When i play minecraft 20 min it is finn no fps drop and after 20 min then i get lag in the game i see in afterburn my cpu lowed ghz?pls help i have i7 10 gen CPU IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPUand a grapic card and 8 gb rami think issues in my cpubecause i use msi after burn for...
  6. Can a ssd boost fps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a ssd boost fps?: Ok, I already do have an ssd installed on my pc because of a hdd failure that happened not too long ago.Recently not too long ago a friend had some fps problems and wondering if adding a ssd may help fix some of it.To my knowledge it wont directly affect fps, only when the...
  7. fps drop when minecraft is fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fps drop when minecraft is fullscreen: so I've been having a problem, when I turn on fullscreen or make the windowed minecraft bigger the fps drops, and when the window is smaller the fps increases. What do I have to do to fix this?. This started when I updated windows after it having been corrupted and recovered,...
  8. Low FPS Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low FPS Help: Hello, Recently I've had a problem with my PC. Whenever I launch a game, performance is fine, but continually worsens. For example, in Skyrim SE, I start at a stable 60 FPS and over time it worsens to 15 FPS. I tried uninstalling drivers, using OEM drivers and even...
  9. FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD: I installed Windows 10 on to my SSD (previously in HDD), formatted my HDD, replaced it in the DVD writer slot, to make my current SATA III port for future SSD's. The game fps would fluctuate between 19-112 with 35 fps most of the time. All the games used to run at 100 fps at...
  10. Windows 10 makes all my games run with half a FPS. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 makes all my games run with half a FPS. HELP!: All the games i could previously play on 100 FPS or more now run with like a single frame a second. Why is this, and how can i fix it? 11195