Windows 10: Will a System Recovery reinstall Windows 10S after switching out of S mode?

Discus and support Will a System Recovery reinstall Windows 10S after switching out of S mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad S130 which came preinstalled with the very stupid Windows 10S. I have switched out of S mode to Windows 10 Home. They say it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SC_mattmum, May 1, 2019.

1. Will a System Recovery reinstall Windows 10S after switching out of S mode?

I have a Lenovo Ideapad S130 which came preinstalled with the very stupid Windows 10S. I have switched out of S mode to Windows 10 Home. They say it is irreversible which is good for me. However, I am wondering, if I need to do a system recovery and it refreshes or reinstalls Windows, will it reinstall 10S again or will it reinstall Windows 10 Home? What on earth was Microsoft thinking of when they decided to come up with such a restrictive version of Windows? What a waste of everyone's time!

Thanks in advance for your response.

:)

SC_mattmum, May 1, 2019

2. Upgrading cpu and mother without reinstalling windows 10

in most cases you can do exactly what you are trying to do by taking the os drive and plugging it into the new system and booting in safe mode. once in safe mode open a command prompt as administrator and type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" hit enter. then type "start devmgmt.msc" hit enter again and device manager should open up. after that click the "view" tab and select "show hidden devices". then you just expand each list and unistall all the drivers that are slightly transparent. once you are all done go ahead and reboot the system and install all the new drivers. in most cases this is enough and does not need anything more done.

edit: just boot the os into safe mode the first time and let it install drivers then reboot and fallow the steps i listed above. back with windows vista and earlier windows versions this would be problematic but sense 7 ive found that swapping boards from different manufacturers and even amd to intel has become mostly doable. ive done it a handfull of times.

Final_Fighter, May 1, 2019
  3. need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, May 1, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Will a System Recovery reinstall Windows 10S after switching out of S mode?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Will a System Recovery reinstall Windows 10S after switching out of S mode?

1. Will a System Recovery reinstall Windows 10S after switching out of S mode? - Similar Threads - System Recovery reinstall

2. switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    switch out of s mode: how do i switch out of s mode on windows 10? settings, = update & Security = activation gets this screen.These directions also do not work.Press the Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Control Panel.Click Change account type.Click the user account you want...
  3. Switching out of Windows 10S

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching out of Windows 10S: When switching out of windows 10S i follow the directions and when I click on GET it doesn't not work. I am stuck in S mode. Everything has been updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-out-of-windows-10s/509f5249-d301-4cf6-ba68-621aa1d61c12
  4. Switch out of S mode

Switch out of S mode: How can I switch out of S mode? I tried to go into Settings > Microsoft Store and it told me I needed to upgrade and to pay $200. I decided to look for more info and all I found was information about switching out of S mode. This is so NOT user friendly! There was no option...
  5. Switching out of S mode

Switching out of S mode: My computer will not let me switch out of S mode it says I need to check with a system administrator, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-out-of-s-mode/85c592f3-da35-461d-881b-05f913c12f6b
  6. Switching out of S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching out of S Mode: I recently received a new laptop. It is in Windows S Mode, which prevents me from using programs that I need. When I try to got to the Microsoft Store to switch out of S Mode, I get an error message that says "Try Again Later - Something happened on our end." My OS is up to...
  7. Switching out of s mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching out of s mode: I am attempting to switch out of s mode. I have scoured every article within the community and tried every suggested fix. When I access the Microsoft Store which is upgraded to the most recent version and go to "switch out of s mode" the button for "Get" is greyed out and...
  8. Switching out of S Mode

Switching out of S Mode: Someone please assist me, I am trying to switch out of S Mode but having no luck following instructions on given links, I don't seem to have the same options as others, when I go onto store, it says to contact administrator even though I am. I need to download Cricut to...
  9. Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.: new ASUS, vivo book. came with 10s. on the "switch out of 10 s" page in the store, the GET button is not there. How do I proceed? ***Modified Title from: Windows 10 s***...
  10. Switching Out of Windows 10S

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Out of Windows 10S: Hi, I understand that windows 10S allows you to switch out of S mode (irreversibly) into standard Windows Home or Pro for free now. I understand that this would be for any version of Windows 10S? I'm looking to purchase a laptop for my daughter and am looking at a Lenovo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10s after s mode

2. refresh windows 10 in s mode

3. restore s mode

4. s mode after re install,
  5. will system restore bring back s mode,
  6. restore windows 10 s mode,
  7. if i reinstall then s mode that came with laptop would be reset,
  8. restore windows s mode,
  9. can i reinstall windows s mode,
  10. restore windows 10 s mode reinstall windows,
  11. reinstall window s10 mode,