Windows 10: Will a Xbox One headset with a 3.5mm jack work on PC, What is the Headset plug on the front...

Discus and support Will a Xbox One headset with a 3.5mm jack work on PC, What is the Headset plug on the front... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This may all sound kind of dumb, but my PC has a plug on the front with a picture of a headset does this mean it is for audio in and out, for the mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonL23, Oct 30, 2018.

1. JonL23 Win User

Will a Xbox One headset with a 3.5mm jack work on PC, What is the Headset plug on the front...

This may all sound kind of dumb, but my PC has a plug on the front with a picture of a headset does this mean it is for audio in and out, for the mic and speakers of a headset? I bought a Xbox one headset for $8 new on ebay, no not a cheap Chinese pair its PDP AfterGlow LVL 3. It says it has a 3.5mm jack which i'd assume means I can plug it into the front of the pc and use the mic and speakers? I originally bought it because it was cheap and I just wanted a headset when I play games the mic is not really a necessity but it would be a bonus. I know on the back of the pc there is the mic and the speaker plug but I never really put much thought into the jack on the front. Can it do in and out audio or just mic?

:)

JonL23, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Doc943 Win User

Recommended me a gaming headset

I'm after a "quality" ON-EAR headset with boom mike and inline volume/mute control to plug directly (and work!) into the newer Xbox One controller that has a 3.5mm jack.

Suggestions welcome

Doc943, Oct 31, 2018
  3. BrianJaya Win User
    Why does my computer think there's no headset plugged in when there is

It works when I plug it into the back of my pc but then my pc thinks my headset are speakers and the mic won't work. The headset is an Xbox One headset and only has one plug in thing. There are two jacks in the front of my pc but when I plug my headset
    into either one of those jacks it won't work and the PC won't even recognize that anything is plugged in.

BrianJaya, Oct 31, 2018
  4. CoolioF Win User

Will a Xbox One headset with a 3.5mm jack work on PC, What is the Headset plug on the front...

Jacks not detecting headset

It gives the response that the device is not plugged in. However I am sure it is. Why would by computer not be detecting the jacks?
    Ty

EDIT: there is a constant low buzzing noise when the headset is plugged into my front jack

CoolioF, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Will a Xbox One headset with a 3.5mm jack work on PC, What is the Headset plug on the front... - Similar Threads - Xbox headset 5mm

2. Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.: I recently got myself a new studio headset Dt770 Pro. The problem I have been having is that when I plug my headset into the front port for headphones, they are kind of quiet. And when I plug my headset into the back green port, they are much louder; this could be unrelated,...
  3. Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.: I recently got myself a new studio headset Dt770 Pro. The problem I have been having is that when I plug my headset into the front port for headphones, they are kind of quiet. And when I plug my headset into the back green port, they are much louder; this could be unrelated,...
  4. 3.5mm jack headset not being detetced as 'plugged in'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3.5mm jack headset not being detetced as 'plugged in': Hello, today I bought a headset with a 3.5mm jack. I plugged it in but no sound was playing from it, only from the default speakers. I watched videos and searched the problem up on the web. No results. I tried running the trouble shooter and even though it was plugged in, it...
  5. 3.5mm jack headset not being detetced as 'plugged in'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3.5mm jack headset not being detetced as 'plugged in': Hello, today I bought a headset with a 3.5mm jack. I plugged it in but no sound was playing from it, only from the default speakers. I watched videos and searched the problem up on the web. No results. I tried running the trouble shooter and even though it was plugged in, it...
  6. Wired xbox one controller with headset plugged in through 3.5mm jack having issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired xbox one controller with headset plugged in through 3.5mm jack having issues: I have my xbox one controller plugged into my computer, and my headset plugged in through the jack of the controller. I have been having a lot of issues with it. Such as not being able to hear anything, which i fixed. The main issue now is the the volume is maxed out now, no...
  7. Headset makes static noise when plugged into xbox headset connected to pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset makes static noise when plugged into xbox headset connected to pc.: As title says, im getting static noise, when just the day before it was working perfectly. If anyone can help me solve this, it would be greatly appreciated....
  8. PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected): Trying to explain as best I can, but its a little messy. Is there a way to get audio through a headset that is plugged into an Xbox One controller, which is in turn bluetooth connected to the PC? Nothing seems to be coming up when i plug the headset in, and ive tried it with...
  9. Windows 10 xbox one controller headset not working through 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 xbox one controller headset not working through 3.5mm jack: I recently purchased a rock candy wired Xbox one controller for my PC , it works fine except for the fact that when i plug in headphones in order to get them to work i have to first plug them into the 3.5mm headphone jack on the controller then unplug and plug back in the...
  10. Plugged Xbox One headset in the Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC and it doesn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugged Xbox One headset in the Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC and it doesn't...: I got a Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC, I plugged the 3.5mm Xbox one headset into it and the audio doesn't cut out and switch to the headset, no sound is coming from the headset. It also doesn't show in the sound properties on Windows that somethings plugged in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will a headset with 1 microphone plug work