Windows 10: Will Adobe Flash be removed from our PCs entirely, or just Microsoft browsers?

Discus and support Will Adobe Flash be removed from our PCs entirely, or just Microsoft browsers? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Will Adobe Flash still remain for use in other browsers like Firefox after the December 31st 2020 update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by [O]--[O].ribbit, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Will Adobe Flash be removed from our PCs entirely, or just Microsoft browsers?

Will Adobe Flash still remain for use in other browsers like Firefox after the December 31st 2020 update?

:)

[O]--[O].ribbit, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    The End of an Era - Next Steps for Adobe Flash

Source: The End of an Era - Next Steps for Adobe Flash - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

See also: Flash The Future of Interactive Content | Adobe

Brink, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Caelestis Win User

Will Adobe Flash be removed from our PCs entirely, or just Microsoft browsers?

Caelestis, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Will Adobe Flash be removed from our PCs entirely, or just Microsoft browsers?

1. Will Adobe Flash be removed from our PCs entirely, or just Microsoft browsers? - Similar Threads - Adobe Flash removed

2. Removing Adobe Flash Player from Multiple Remote Computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Adobe Flash Player from Multiple Remote Computers.: Dear Concern,Good Day!I would like to inform you that I facing Adobe Flash Player bulk removal issue from my windows devices. I have tried Security Update for Adobe Flash Player removal and it's working fine with built in flash players removal. Facing issues for manually...
  3. Removing Adobe Flash Player from Multiple Remote Computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Adobe Flash Player from Multiple Remote Computers.: Dear Concern,Good Day!I would like to inform you that I facing Adobe Flash Player bulk removal issue from my windows devices. I have tried Security Update for Adobe Flash Player removal and it's working fine with built in flash players removal. Facing issues for manually...
  4. Removing Adobe Flash Player from Multiple Remote Computers.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. KB4577586 Adobe Flash Removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4577586 Adobe Flash Removal: After several failures to run KB4577586 Update to remove Adobe Flash I tried to download from Microsoft Update Catalog http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2020/10/windows10.0-kb4577586-x64_c9bb49df325c20ddc147137b3f769fa44d800dde.msu it failed...
  6. Windows 10 Adobe Flash removal

Windows 10 Adobe Flash removal: Hi, Is there a way to re-run the Win 10 update that removes Adobe Flash, I have inadvertently reinstalled flash by reinstalling my HP printer driver software....
  7. Removing Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Adobe Flash Player: Hello,About removing Adobe Flash Player:Removing Adobe Flash Player by installing KB4577586 update, or with the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller.2. Does it remove also files and folders from the system as mentioned in...
  8. Update to remove adobe flash

Update to remove adobe flash: Hello I was wondering if there is a set date for the update to remove adobe flash from windows? Will it be part of a cumulative update, or will it be a separate KB Thanks. Eddie...
  9. adobe flash

in Windows 10 Customization
    adobe flash: If adobe flash is discontinued 2020, what can I use on royal games which depends on adobe flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/e79071ab-a00b-40da-a659-09d9c7de804c
  10. Adobe Flash / Microsoft Updates

Adobe Flash / Microsoft Updates: Recently I've noticed the all of the W10 1607 machines I admin are refusing to upgrade from 29.0.0.171 to 30.0.0.113 nor 30.0.0.134. This applies to only the ActiveX component. In fact the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx shows version 29.0.0.171. I have...