Windows 10: Will all my drive partitions will be deleted if I reinstall Windows using media creation tool

Discus and support Will all my drive partitions will be deleted if I reinstall Windows using media creation tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI , I have joined the windows insider program , now I want to quit from windows insider and install the stable os , there are 2 ways to do , one I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nandhakishore 2727, May 18, 2021.

1. Will all my drive partitions will be deleted if I reinstall Windows using media creation tool

HI , I have joined the windows insider program , now I want to quit from windows insider and install the stable os , there are 2 ways to do , one I should wait for the next major release or I should clean install windows but I have all my photos and videos in a separate drive partition . So in the media creation tool advanced option can I make it to install on the drive partition which have the os installed but not on the photos and documents drive . Can I do it like that , will all my photos and videos be ?

:)

Nandhakishore 2727, May 18, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 18, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?

Hi YulWu

If i understand, you want to put the installation files on one partition using the Media Creation Tool and install into the other partition on the same physical drive?

Sorry, that will not work, you will need the installation media either on a flash drive or on a dual layer DVD

DaveM121, May 18, 2021
  4. JDHuynh Win User

Will all my drive partitions will be deleted if I reinstall Windows using media creation tool

Thumb Drive Partition created by Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

No, but this is not the partition that I'm talking about. I used Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create an installation partition on a thumb drive. That partition was used to update my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Anniversary on my PC. Now I can only access
    the installation partition with the setup files on my thumb drive. There's an old partition with al my data on the thumb drive, but I can't access it. I would like to be able to access it to retrieve my data.

JDHuynh, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Will all my drive partitions will be deleted if I reinstall Windows using media creation tool

1. Will all my drive partitions will be deleted if I reinstall Windows using media creation tool - Similar Threads - drive partitions deleted

2. Will I lose data on other drives when reinstalling Windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I lose data on other drives when reinstalling Windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”: I was having some problems in my laptop which I couldn’t solve nor a support agent, eventually he/she told me to try to reset windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”.I chose to remove everything so at the final prompt, It says Install Windows 10 Pro Keep nothingSo will It...
  3. Will I lose data on other drives when reinstalling Windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I lose data on other drives when reinstalling Windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”: I was having some problems in my laptop which I couldn’t solve nor a support agent, eventually he/she told me to try to reset windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”.I chose to remove everything so at the final prompt, It says Install Windows 10 Pro Keep nothingSo will It...
  4. When I use media creation tool, I create an 8 GB partition but it automatically delete it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I use media creation tool, I create an 8 GB partition but it automatically delete it...: When I use media creation tool, I create an 8 GB partition but it automatically delete it and create another one 32 GB. How to prevent it from making that and keep the 8 GB partition?...
  5. When I use media creation tool, I create an 8 GB partition but it automatically delete it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I use media creation tool, I create an 8 GB partition but it automatically delete it...: When I use media creation tool, I create an 8 GB partition but it automatically delete it and create another one 32 GB. How to prevent it from making that and keep the 8 GB partition?...
  6. When I use media creation tool, I create an 8 GB partition but it automatically delete it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reinstalling 8.1 with a media creation tool

Reinstalling 8.1 with a media creation tool: I am wanting to reinstall 8.1 with a media creation tool when i got the laptop it came installed with 8.1 would the original product key work or would i Have to obtain one...
  8. I Want To reinstall windows on a new drive without using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I Want To reinstall windows on a new drive without using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.: I want to install windows on a new drive using Window Media Creation tool Windows 10 and I have a digital license so my question is if I install windows 10 on the new drive using the media creation tool can I just sign into my freshly installed windows 10 by using my...
  9. Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?

Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?: Hi, I have used the windows media creation tool in the past with a USB stick to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. However I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing with an SSD or HDD partition, so that if I were to install the drive to a new machine, the...
  10. Creating a recovery partition using windows media creation tool

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating a recovery partition using windows media creation tool: Hi all, I have just received a new laptop, but it didn't come with a recovery partition so I am trying to create one myself. The OS it's running is Windows 10 Home 64bit. I have downloaded the Media Creation Tool in order to download the ISO files for the partition...