Windows 10: Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot?

Discus and support Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, i was wondering if anything bad will happen to my laptop if i turn off secure boot, i'm quite worried that if i do my laptop will get ruined.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nwar_42, May 1, 2019.

1. Nwar_42 Win User

Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot?

Hello, i was wondering if anything bad will happen to my laptop if i turn off secure boot, i'm quite worried that if i do my laptop will get ruined. Any advice would be helpful!.

* Moved from insider

:)

Nwar_42, May 1, 2019

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, May 1, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, May 1, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot? - Similar Threads - anything bad happen

2. Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop: I have a problem with my laptop. Whenever I turn it on, the WiFi is always off even though it was turned on the last time I used it before I turned it off. When I tried to turn the WiFi on with the button, it will still show that I'm not connected in any network, and the "x"...
  3. windows security turn off for no reasons.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security turn off for no reasons.: well,i noticed the windows security automatically turn off twice for no reason even whith latest updates...........I mean wut on earth happened? A bug closing windows securityor is your AI faults?...
  4. Can't Turn off security.

Can't Turn off security.: I am trying to restore my system because I have nasty problems. Restore doesn't work, gives me a message that my security is interfering. I want to turn off security. So I go to 1. Settings 2. Update and Security 3. Windows Security. 4. Virus and Threat Protection. At...
  5. don't know what happens with my laptop, i can't find anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    don't know what happens with my laptop, i can't find anything: i don't know what happens with my laptop, i can't find anything, please put back the way was before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10/9f6762c3-b09d-4f97-bd83-ea7a6d7beb9d
  6. My laptop keeps turning off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps turning off randomly: i recently updated my laptop and now it sometimes turnes off. the same hapend not so long ago and i sent it to be fixet. it worked for a while but i recently updated it again and now it is happening again i am thinking of resetting my laptop, and wondering if there are any...
  7. This happens after I reset my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This happens after I reset my laptop.: When I click right mouse button while its still in the screen it just roll over for a long time and doesnt respond like the picture under. Help me to fix this. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  8. Gosh... Turn on Secure Boot?

Gosh... Turn on Secure Boot?: I installed Win 10 64 bit (Home, retail version) without enabling "secure boot" in the BIOS. Of course, Win 10 reports that secure boot is off. Is there a way to enable "secure boot" or should I reinstall Win 10? 40690
  9. Defender will not turn off and will not let anything download

Defender will not turn off and will not let anything download: Hello, Ive read through the forum on how to turn off defender and tried what was available. When I did both methods to go in the back end and turn it off, it gave me script errors. I show that "Turn Defender Off" is enabled, but it still blocks everything. The message is...
  10. Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?: As I get ready to do a clean install of 10074 I am curious about the need to disable secure boot and fast boot options. If I do disable secure boot do I need to enable legacy boot? I have had limited success with previous installs to a 2nd hard drive and the problems that...