Windows 10: Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot?

Discus and support Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, i was wondering if anything bad will happen to my laptop if i turn off secure boot, i'm quite worried that if i do my laptop will get ruined.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nwar_42, May 1, 2019.

1. Nwar_42 Win User

Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot?

Hello, i was wondering if anything bad will happen to my laptop if i turn off secure boot, i'm quite worried that if i do my laptop will get ruined. Any advice would be helpful!.

* Moved from insider

:)

Nwar_42, May 1, 2019

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, May 1, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, May 1, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot? - Similar Threads - anything bad happen

2. secure boot off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot off: ive been trying to turn on my secure boot in my pc. in my bios settings secure boot is already enabled but not in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-off/5c1ae4c0-5b21-48b8-9a57-70bc9d8f18ec
  3. secure boot off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    secure boot off: ive been trying to turn on my secure boot in my pc. in my bios settings secure boot is already enabled but not in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-off/5c1ae4c0-5b21-48b8-9a57-70bc9d8f18ec
  4. secure boot not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot not turning on: I have a hp-15s i5 nvidia mx350 laptop and i am having issue with secure boot i try to turn it on in my bios it is greyed out after clicking on restore default keys in bios i am able to turn it on but as soon as my pc turns on secure boot still shows of....
  5. secure boot not turning on

secure boot not turning on: I have a hp-15s i5 nvidia mx350 laptop and i am having issue with secure boot i try to turn it on in my bios it is greyed out after clicking on restore default keys in bios i am able to turn it on but as soon as my pc turns on secure boot still shows of....
  6. I have something bad happening to my laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have something bad happening to my laptop!: Everytime I tried to log in to my computer, I was blocked from accessing it, it keeps saying "You'll need internet for this." even though I was connected to WiFi.Help me, please!This is what happened to me, below when I tried a way to access my computer:...
  7. I have something bad happening to my laptop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have something bad happening to my laptop!: Everytime I tried to log in to my computer, I was blocked from accessing it, it keeps saying "You'll need internet for this." even though I was connected to WiFi.Help me, please!...
  8. I have something bad happening to my laptop!

I have something bad happening to my laptop!: Everytime I tried to log in to my computer, I was blocked from accessing it, it keeps saying "You'll need internet for this." even though I was connected to WiFi.Help me, please!...
  9. Turning on windows security..Bad mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning on windows security..Bad mistake: After turning on windows security, my hp laptop won't connect to wireless, And I noticed I have alot of users on here that I did not add, I should be the only user. I use it to work. And if I am unable to connect wireless, It makes me angry and I dont want to share anything...
  10. Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?: As I get ready to do a clean install of 10074 I am curious about the need to disable secure boot and fast boot options. If I do disable secure boot do I need to enable legacy boot? I have had limited success with previous installs to a 2nd hard drive and the problems that...