Windows 10: Will booting from windows 7 recovery partition remove my windows 10 licence

Discus and support Will booting from windows 7 recovery partition remove my windows 10 licence in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Sony Vaio laptop that I want to reboot from the Windows 7 recovery partition since every attempt to stop Windows 10 running slow has now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ManInEasternEurope, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Will booting from windows 7 recovery partition remove my windows 10 licence

I have a Sony Vaio laptop that I want to reboot from the Windows 7 recovery partition since every attempt to stop Windows 10 running slow has now failed.

Will doing this remove my ability to upgrade the Windows 7 recovery version back to Windows 10?

I don't want to install W10 from ISO because it will remove the battery management apps that comes with Sony machines.

:)

ManInEasternEurope, Nov 1, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Rexter Win User
    Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Nov 1, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Will booting from windows 7 recovery partition remove my windows 10 licence

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Will booting from windows 7 recovery partition remove my windows 10 licence partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Will booting from windows 7 recovery partition remove my windows 10 licence

1. Will booting from windows 7 recovery partition remove my windows 10 licence - Similar Threads - booting recovery partition

2. Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot: I have a dual boot setup, Windows 10 and a Linux distro. There aren't any problems with either OS but my Windows doesn't seem to have a recovery partition. I need to access the command prompt from ASO but ASO only has "Turn off your PC" option.reagentc /info returns:Windows...
  3. Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot: I have a dual boot setup, Windows 10 and a Linux distro. There aren't any problems with either OS but my Windows doesn't seem to have a recovery partition. I need to access the command prompt from ASO but ASO only has "Turn off your PC" option.reagentc /info returns:Windows...
  4. Windows 10 Licence Recovery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Licence Recovery: Hi I paid to upgrade to windows 10 pro on my laptop but now the laptop is dead , I was wondering if I could recover the licence from my Microsoft account to use on another machine , I cant seem to find any options for this. many thanks in advance Mark...
  5. Windows 10 install recovery from partition

Windows 10 install recovery from partition: This makes 0 sense to me. I booted my installing/recovery from a fixed partition on a usb hard drive using thr bootsect and make partition active feature. My image consists of my ssd wirh the c drive and recovery partitioms rhat were backed up. Upon trying to onstall my image...
  6. Windows 10 Partition and Licence question

Windows 10 Partition and Licence question: I thought I had set my laptop up for a lifetime of data use but it's obviously caught up with me now. I attach a screenshot of my partitions below and have a few questions: 1. I don't understand what the 'Disk 0 Partition 3' is? 2. If I wanted to hypothetically reduce C...
  7. How to Remove Windows 7 from dual boot with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Remove Windows 7 from dual boot with Windows 10: I have a little problem. I have Windows 7 and Windows 10 Enterprise Build 10240 set up in a dual boot configuration on the same hard drive. Windows 7 is the first partition on that drive and Windows 10 is the second. I have decided to keep Windows 10 as my main OS and want to...
  8. Removing Windows 7 from dual boot

Removing Windows 7 from dual boot: Hi I've had a quick look to see if anything comes up on this topic but so far have not found anything. I'm pretty sure it must have come up at some time but I just haven't found it so apologies for posting the question again. I have a spare PC running Win7 and Win10 in...
  9. Remove Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Recovery Partition: I just upgraded to version 1511. It recreated the 450 mb recovery partition I don't want and I don't need it!! Is there a way to remove it without doing a clean install of Windows am use diskpart? James 43883
  10. Add Recovery Partition to Windows 10 Boot Menu?

Add Recovery Partition to Windows 10 Boot Menu?: If I assign a drive letter to my recovery partition, can I then also create a boot menu entry for that partition? Macrium is perfectly happy to create and assign space for its recovery partition, and create a BCD entry for same so it shows up on the boot menu. That's got me...