Windows 10: Will C drive and all files on the computer be deleted?

Discus and support Will C drive and all files on the computer be deleted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to reinstall/ upgrade my version of windows to the next version. I'm using the Media creation tool to upgrade my version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VokaVil, Apr 4, 2021.

1. VokaVil Win User

Will C drive and all files on the computer be deleted?

Hello,
    I'm trying to reinstall/ upgrade my version of windows to the next version.
    I'm using the Media creation tool to upgrade my version of windows.
    These are the options I have. I cannot select any other options.
    Will this affect my files?

Will C drive and all files on the computer be deleted? b7cb099c-b0f1-4d2a-bf60-a87c946c3234?upload=true.png

Thank you,

Voka Vil

:)

VokaVil, Apr 4, 2021

2. how to delete file on c drive? need permission

i accidently save something to c drive. when i try to delete it says need admin permission. how do i delete it?

i am on a computer that dont have any account only 1 and thats me. main one is me. 1 account.

HiddenStupid, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Will C drive and all files on the computer be deleted? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Will C drive and all files on the computer be deleted? - Similar Threads - drive files computer

2. Unable to move or delete files from my computer's C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move or delete files from my computer's C drive: I am unable to move or delete any files from my computer's C drive.I get the following windows denying me access to these files.I am able to view these pictures but not able to delete or move them to a new location.Also I am getting an error window denying me the ability to...
  3. cant delete a file from c drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant delete a file from c drive: when ever i am trying to delete a file from c drive its saying that the file is open in somewhere else now how do i delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-file-from-c-drive/507f8889-9aea-4e27-b4ec-aed7ddb571f0
  4. deleting a file thats open in system but not on the C drive

deleting a file thats open in system but not on the C drive: While trying to create a virtual machine I without thought named a file wrong. It was the iso for the VM and its name is now "win7 iso.iso". So now its open in system, which prevents me from renaming or modifying it. at this point I'll be fine with simply deleting it. I cant...
  5. Accidently deleting C: Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidently deleting C: Drive: This is very dumb of me. I was loading my external hard drive and I remembered that the last time I used it I had loaded windows onto it. So I was like I should wipe the hard drive because I don't need it anymore. I see windows folders and delete all the folders and go to the...
  6. Delete files C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete files C Drive: I have 6 files in my C drive. I am wondering if I can delete. If I can, what is the best way to do this? Such as in Safe Mode. See picture I have run the Disk Cleanup and rebooted and they are still there. I have Windows 10 Pro 2004 [ATTACH] I believe they were put...
  7. Deleted C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted C drive: Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with a big fuckup I made. I recently got a new ssd and transferred the OS onto it. Seeing how I was using the new ssd. I deleted my old C drive. Now I cannot log into my computer. I get a the choose keyboard layout screen. Not sure...
  8. Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

Deleting ProgramData files on C drive: Hello I am wondering if I can delete ProgramData files on C drive so I can free up space and help my pc run faster. I went online and saw related articles but they didn't recommend to delete them. But in ProgramData folder, there are many subfolders of Softwares that I had...
  9. Windows 10 forced update deletes all of drive C:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 forced update deletes all of drive C:: I was using my homebuild Asus P8P67Pro Sandybridge i5 3700, system disk Samsung 850, yesterday (9 Jan), and as I shut down about midday Win 10 forced an update on me. It'd done it before and nothing went wrong then, but it had not yet done the dreaded Autumn update. When I...
  10. Lost all files in C Drive.

Lost all files in C Drive.: I need help from technical support urgently. I lost all my files in all folders - Music, Download etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-files-in-c-drive/2c95561b-1182-47fe-8b2f-96cf46b9c2c6"