Windows 10: Will Changing From An Inactivated Version of Windows to a Legitimate One Delete Files?

Discus and support Will Changing From An Inactivated Version of Windows to a Legitimate One Delete Files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I currently have a version of Windows which us said to be unable to be activated due to the absence of a valid digital license or product key. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L.K.W., Dec 26, 2018.

1. L.K.W. Win User

Will Changing From An Inactivated Version of Windows to a Legitimate One Delete Files?

Hi, I currently have a version of Windows which us said to be unable to be activated due to the absence of a valid digital license or product key. I believe that the version I initially installed was 64 bit Windows 10 Home, but it is now described in the activation settings as Windows 10 Pro. I have decided to switch to a version of windows that is approved and legitimate (with a valid product key),and I am planning to buy it from the Windows store on my Computer. My question is; Will upgrading from a version of Windows without a valid product key/digital license to one bought from the Microsoft store delete any files? Thank you for considering my question.

:)

L.K.W., Dec 26, 2018
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Dec 26, 2018
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    How do I delete registry files?

Does it matter if I deleted programs at:
    Go to Hkey_Current User> Software intead of "Local Machine"?

Also, where can I check if programs listed there are legitimate? Isn't there a website to check the names of programs or applications?

DCnewbie, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Will Changing From An Inactivated Version of Windows to a Legitimate One Delete Files?

Files Deleted During Failed Windows Update

If you saved your video projects, they should be on the drive (barring any file system corruption). You can give Recuva a try:

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!​
    Download the portable version on another PC, unpack it on a flash drive, pop the drive in the trouble machine, and run it off the flash drive. You want to make as few changes to the hard drive as possible before running the recovery program.

Static~Charge, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Will Changing From An Inactivated Version of Windows to a Legitimate One Delete Files?

1. Will Changing From An Inactivated Version of Windows to a Legitimate One Delete Files? - Similar Threads - Changing Inactivated Version

2. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.: I am using Win 10 on my pc and my office people are using win 7. If i send them Word files through email and if they download it in Win 7 then can they see the files without any corruption/changes??...
  3. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.: I am using Win 10 on my pc and my office people are using win 7. If i send them Word files through email and if they download it in Win 7 then can they see the files without any corruption/changes??...
  4. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is this email a legitimate one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this email a legitimate one?: I recently received and email from someone claiming to be microsoft, I think it's legit but I wanted to make sure.I have clipped a bit to hide my own email address and real name, this is the top of the email with the sender address, it did not appear in my spam folder.While I...
  6. Is this email a legitimate one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this email a legitimate one?: I recently received and email from someone claiming to be microsoft, I think it's legit but I wanted to make sure.I have clipped a bit to hide my own email address and real name, this is the top of the email with the sender address, it did not appear in my spam folder.While I...
  7. Is this email a legitimate one?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows version showing as Enterprise not Professional, showing as inactivated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows version showing as Enterprise not Professional, showing as inactivated: My Windows is showing as being not activated in Settings and the Windows version displayed is "Windows 10 Enterprise" not Windows 10 Professional which is what I have installed. I have the licence key for Professional, but attempting to change it with "Change Product Key"...
  9. Can an inactivated version be used ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can an inactivated version be used ?: Today I received a message on my bottom right corner of my screen to activate my windows. When I went into activation it showed me that windows is not activated. I did start receiving "Your windows will expire soon" messages, but I didn't pay them too much attention. My...
  10. Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...: I got my new laptop but upon running command prompt, it's saying that my laptop is activated by KMS. Will changing my product key do any? submitted by /u/-bellyflop- [link] [comments]...