Windows 10: Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...

Discus and support Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got my new laptop but upon running command prompt, it's saying that my laptop is activated by KMS. Will changing my product key do any? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-bellyflop-, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...

I got my new laptop but upon running command prompt, it's saying that my laptop is activated by KMS. Will changing my product key do any?

submitted by /u/-bellyflop-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-bellyflop-, Aug 16, 2020
  2. nachbar Win User

Cant change product key?

I had the same problem with a fresh install when I allowed Windows 10 to update itself before changing the product key. Going back to a fresh install of Windows 10 and THEN IMMEDIATELY going to Settings, Activation, Change Product Key allowed me to change the product key and activate.

nachbar, Aug 16, 2020
  3. kryptoxd Win User
    Activating windows after losing product key and performing a hardware change.

Long story short, I purchased this computer in its entirety off of someone from Craigslist so naturally, I have no possibility of tracking them down. The PC never came with a manual or, in this case, a product key. Years later (today), I do major hardware
    changes, which entail purchasing absolutely every component besides the SSD with Windows 10 installed to it. Now I'm using this brand new PC but I'm stuck with either having to pay for a new version of windows or stick it out with the Activate Windows watermark
    forever on my screen.

To sum it up, lost product key with no chance of getting it back, had major hardware change, however I used to sign in with a Microsoft account and the "About Windows (run: winver)" tab lists that the product is listed under my email (which is my Microsoft
    account). How can I activate windows using my email as proof that it's a legitimate copy of the OS?

kryptoxd, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...

Cant change product key?

I only registered because I am facing the same issue.

I would like to remind you that the thread title is "Can't change product key?".

If you had that problem you would have realized that the reason why we are trying to change the product key, is that Windows 10 says that it isn't activated and it tells you that you should change the product key. However, when you open Settings and click Change Product Key, Windows 10 freezes...

tedmanowar, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...

1. Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using... - Similar Threads - changing product key

2. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  3. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  4. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CHANGING PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHANGING PRODUCT KEY: Hello, I have a almost stupid question... If I change my PC's product key, will I lose all of my personal information/apps? I'm currently using a product key that was given to my boyfriend for his university, but it constantly has me change my password and won't let me...
  6. change product key

change product key: i can't find the 25 digits to change the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-product-key/c1055548-6369-42ba-9073-fa109cd71145"
  7. Change Product Key

Change Product Key: II have a product key for windows pro. When I go into Settings to change product key from Home to PRO, It asks for Product Key which is filled in with X's and 0's. When I try to enter my product key it will not let me enter my key. As soon as I try to enter the first...
  8. activation or change product key

activation or change product key: I have been using my window 10 pro version since 2 years but whenever I try to activate it I was unable to find my product key from my computer ,the retailer or from any where else. now wha should I do?...
  9. changing back product key to retail one

changing back product key to retail one: Hello I had a windows 10 genuine product key after a since I changed it to kms one and received some updates after then. Now I want to change my license key to that genuine product key. But it shows me an error 0x803fa067 that it is not a valid product key. thanks a lot for...
  10. changing nack product key to retail one

changing nack product key to retail one: Hello I had a windows 10 genuine product key after a since I changed it to kms one and received some updates after then I want to change my license key to that genuine product key. but it shows me an error 0x803fa067 that it is not a valid product key. thanks a lot for your...