Windows 10: Will creating a new local account for work cause the content blockers with my school email...

Discus and support Will creating a new local account for work cause the content blockers with my school email... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My school sucks and puts all these blockers on everything, we can't even use history.com, our teacher has to screenshot it and send the picture to our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/igiveupthisismyname, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Will creating a new local account for work cause the content blockers with my school email...

/u/igiveupthisismyname, Apr 29, 2020

2. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Will creating a new local account for work cause the content blockers with my school email...

Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account

Is it still your User account showing at Settings > Accounts > Your Info? If not whose is showing? You said she replaced your Local Account. Is there an email present there at all? If not it's still a Local Account - is it yours?

If she's added in the list under Email & Accounts, find out where she signed in - Mail, Xbox, Office, etc - and go there to sign her out and sign yourself back in. Then see if you can remove her account from the list. If not does it appear in the Work or School
    accounts list at the bottom of that page as you may need to detach it from there before it will delete in the accounts list.

This could be avoided by having set up a Microsoft Account instead of a Local Account where you or others can sign into the individual Apps. I suggest you create a new Admin Microsoft Account at Settings > Accounts > Family & Other People > Other Users, Sign
    into it, move your files over, test all apps work from the new account or else reinstall them, then when ready delete your old account (or not).

If any problems, please report back everywhere your and your sisters name and email appear in the Account settings and how you think she got into the EMail and Accounts list. She must remember what apps she signed into.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Will creating a new local account for work cause the content blockers with my school email...

1. Will creating a new local account for work cause the content blockers with my school email... - Similar Threads - creating local account

2. How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.: How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-the-local-account-to-microsoft-work/1dd16636-c732-4112-a945-76753addce9d
  3. Switch from Work or school account to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch from Work or school account to a local account: I have been using my local account on Win 11 Pro until yesterday when I connected my work account. I was able to switch between two accounts but today I'm not able to switch to local account because when I click on "switch user" it gives me a space to input email address and...
  4. Switch from Work or school account to a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch from Work or school account to a local account: I have been using my local account on Win 11 Pro until yesterday when I connected my work account. I was able to switch between two accounts but today I'm not able to switch to local account because when I click on "switch user" it gives me a space to input email address and...
  5. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account: I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:"If you need to remove an account from your PC:Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .Select the account you wish to remove, then select...
  6. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account: I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:"If you need to remove an account from your PC:Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .Select the account you wish to remove, then select...
  7. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Access work or school & Email accounts

Access work or school & Email accounts: What is the difference in connecting a work or school account under "access work or school" tab in settings vs adding a work or school account under "Email & Accounts">"Accounts used by other apps" tabs in settings. They seem similar, but do they have different end points...
  9. Deleting a "work or school" email account

Deleting a "work or school" email account: I acquired a "work or school" email account to correspond remotely with a business that I was working with. This account was within that business's network. That relationship is no longer active and I want to delete that secondary email account from my PC. I can't figure out...
  10. Creating a Local account on a new computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a Local account on a new computer?: I do a lot of new computer set ups for people. So i'm normally unboxing and setting up new Dell's and HP's. I remember before on the initial setup, when Microsoft would ask for an email address, there was a Make Local account button on the bottom left.. but on the past 2-3...