Windows 10: Will data be erased from my PC if I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 through the media...

Discus and support Will data be erased from my PC if I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 through the media... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Will updating delete anything? submitted by /u/MrCoffeeBean4568 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrCoffeeBean4568, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Will data be erased from my PC if I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 through the media...

/u/MrCoffeeBean4568, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Will data be erased from my PC if I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 through the media...

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Will data be erased from my PC if I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 through the media...

1. Will data be erased from my PC if I update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 through the media... - Similar Threads - data erased update

2. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?: I have an Optane HDD. Upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I made a bootable windows 10 USB drive using the Media Creation Tool and when booting from the USB drive it wants to...
  3. Windows crashed after free update from windows 10 to windows 11 and erased all my data from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashed after free update from windows 10 to windows 11 and erased all my data from...: Just a few months ago my windows got updated from 10 to windows 11 and soon after the windows crashed and my system C driver SSD got wiped as well as my 2TB HDD got erased. That was so heart breaking with all the photos and videos and documents got deleted. I then used a...
  4. Windows crashed after free update from windows 10 to windows 11 and erased all my data from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashed after free update from windows 10 to windows 11 and erased all my data from...: Just a few months ago my windows got updated from 10 to windows 11 and soon after the windows crashed and my system C driver SSD got wiped as well as my 2TB HDD got erased. That was so heart breaking with all the photos and videos and documents got deleted. I then used a...
  5. Windows crashed after free update from windows 10 to windows 11 and erased all my data from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows crashed after free update from windows 10 to windows 11 and erased all my data from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows crashed after free update from windows 10 to windows 11 and erased all my data from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows crashed after free update from windows 10 to windows 11 and erased all my data from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Will downloading windows 11 erase the data on my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will downloading windows 11 erase the data on my pc?: I have a windows 10 system and am looking to get the new windows 11 OS on it but I want to know whether loading the new OS erases my previous data or not because I do not like the hassle of keeping a backup as the files and data I own are too large...
  10. Windows 10 Update this past weekend 8/10/2019 erased ALL my data files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update this past weekend 8/10/2019 erased ALL my data files: Program files seem OK but all other data...POOF! Fortunately, I have a third party back-up (definitely not MS) and am working through that not so seamlessly process as MS seems to have screwed up the paths on my PC so it's not matching properly. Don't get me started on the...