Windows 10: Will Dban boot and nuke work on windows 10.

Discus and support Will Dban boot and nuke work on windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I need to format my hard drive to install the latest version of windows 10, but I need to use Dban boot and nuke to format the hard drive, does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MATTHEW60, Apr 9, 2020.

1. MATTHEW60 Win User

Will Dban boot and nuke work on windows 10.

Hello,

I need to format my hard drive to install the latest version of windows 10, but I need to use Dban boot and nuke to format the hard drive, does this software work on windows 10.

Please can some let me know.

Thanks

Matthew

:)

MATTHEW60, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Golden Win User
    Golden, Apr 9, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    DBAN instructions

You do not need to use dban unless you intend to pass device to anybody else. See tutorials section for step by setp guides to clean install windows 10.

cereberus, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Roger Win User

DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke)

DBAN is a tool that some find useful. All this installing, updating, uninstalling, ad infinite, can be simplified somewhat by swapping drives, wiping, replacing, etc.
    I've also seen posts where drives were trashed?? I doubt it but regardless...................
    Spare drives or pulled drives can sometimes be fixed with DBAN *Huh

Several years ago when I ran across DBAN there was also a report that the majority of HDDs returned to manufacturers were found to be serviceable. User had a problem and sent them back for replacement.

I looked around and found 21 drives, in old machines, in the bad box under the bench, and still installed but not working in currently used machines. I installed DBAN on an old XP test machine. Each test takes some time so a test machine is the way to go.

I tested the 21 drives over a period of time and DBAN returned 19 of the 21 as serviceable. A couple old Western Digital "Caviar" drives holding an astounding 8GB *Huh

Google will find DBAN for you and you may have storage space that you didn't realize you have *Biggrin

Roger, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Will Dban boot and nuke work on windows 10. - Similar Threads - Dban boot nuke

2. DBAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DBAN: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dban/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  3. DBAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DBAN: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dban/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  4. DBAN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. DBAN

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DBAN: After I use Dban on my PC deleting everything, can I get windows back again on my computer with a USB stick that has Windows downloaded on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dban/621265ef-112b-49f0-8d85-77f34e12b9e5
  6. Windows 10 Update Nukes Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Nukes Itself: Hey all. I recently updated to the newest version of Windows 10 available to me about an hour ago from a pre-existing windows 10 version. The version numbers I am unable to recall. However, upon reboot during the update, the Preparing Automatic Repair or however way around...
  7. windows 10 nuke display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 nuke display settings: I enabled a setting on my display adapter using the feature "Remove display from Desktop", well this wrecked havoc on my machine as now I dont have any displays that work. This is a laptop, using a dock doesnt work either as it seems that its a projected display. I am...
  8. Using DBAN

in Windows 10 Support
    Using DBAN: Hello,Before running "DBAN" to wipe everything on both disks (old computer). Will the disks still be partitioned as they were, or have to repartition them.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks 114606
  9. DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke): DBAN is a tool that some find useful. All this installing, updating, uninstalling, ad infinite, can be simplified somewhat by swapping drives, wiping, replacing, etc. I've also seen posts where drives were trashed?? I doubt it but regardless................... Spare drives...
  10. DBAN instructions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DBAN instructions: So I wanna re-install Windows 10 using DBAN ie start over from scratch. Need a step-by-step guide, thank you. 57145

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dban windows 10 not find