Windows 10: Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?

Discus and support Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im wondering this because im trying to speed up my pc and i saw the "Downloads" on disk cleanup. I have alot of stuff in there and i dont want want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gavinredsolocup, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?

Im wondering this because im trying to speed up my pc and i saw the "Downloads" on disk cleanup. I have alot of stuff in there and i dont want want to delete it because idk if it will make me have to reinstall EVERYTHING such as Steam.

:)

gavinredsolocup, Jun 6, 2020
  2. badcrc Win User

Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes...

Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder? [​IMG]

badcrc, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

Hi,

I am using Disk cleanup tools to clean my PC once in a while. I found a problem while trying to clean my Download folder. As per the size stated in Disk Cleanup, my Download folder is empty 0kb. But in actual fact, there are still some big sizes folders
    in the Download folder.

How is it Disk cleanup not detecting these folders/files?

Thanks

Seankeith90, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?

Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

Storage Sense is no better. It also has Downloads listed, same as Disk Cleanup.

Ztruker, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?

1. Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder? - Similar Threads - deleting Downloads Disk

2. Microsoft update erased my download folder!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft update erased my download folder!!!!!!!: Apparently a Microsoft update forced its way my computer and erased my download folder. I had turned off the updates, but they keep trying to force their way onto my computer, anyway.Now whenever I download something, or put it in that folder to diagnose the problem, it...
  3. Microsoft update erased my download folder!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft update erased my download folder!!!!!!!: Apparently a Microsoft update forced its way my computer and erased my download folder. I had turned off the updates, but they keep trying to force their way onto my computer, anyway.Now whenever I download something, or put it in that folder to diagnose the problem, it...
  4. Microsoft update erased my download folder!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders: Hi, I am using Disk cleanup tools to clean my PC once in a while. I found a problem while trying to clean my Download folder. As per the size stated in Disk Cleanup, my Download folder is empty 0kb. But in actual fact, there are still some big sizes folders in the Download...
  6. Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup: I'm not aware that in newer version of Windows 10 (i don't know in what particular update) that they included in Disk clean up the deletion of Download files. And now i can't recover anymore my files even using any recovery tools. I already downloaded many files in download...
  7. Windows 10 Disk CleanUp wiped my entire Download folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Disk CleanUp wiped my entire Download folder: I ran disk clean up last night, and noticed that the Downloads folder were an option. On account that I’ve used this tool for decades, and that it says that it removes «unnecessary files», I thought that I would clean up some leftovers from various updates. But instead it...
  8. How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder)

How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder): A few days ago I performed disk cleanup and cleaned my downloads folder, as I had a lot of junk in there. However, I forgot that I had one important notepad document saved there, and I can't seem to recover it. I used a few different data recovery software and none of them...
  9. Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder

Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder: When running disk cleanup, when I included 'clean up system files' the last entry was 'downloaded files 79gb'. The description was activex controls and javaapplets temporarily stored in the downloads folder. I don't know why I thought there could possibly be that volume of...
  10. Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup - downloads folder: Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes... [img] 122195