Windows 10: Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?

Discus and support Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wonder if this will work in 10? Configure Shortcut thusly: ==================================== Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windunce, Jul 31, 2015.

1. windunce Win User

Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?

Wonder if this will work in 10?

Configure Shortcut thusly:
    ====================================
    Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\WINWORD.EXE" C:
    \Users\Pam\Documents\PHONE.DOC

Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15"
    ==================================
    Drag/pin to the Taskbar??? Click to open???

:)

windunce, Jul 31, 2015
  2. theking2 Win User

Cannot unpin documents from taskbar

Document items pinned to the taskbar are no longer available. Yet the entry in pinned documents is still there and unpinning (or deleting) has no effect.

Where is the information for pinned documents stored?

theking2, Jul 31, 2015
  3. theking2 Win User
    Cannot unpin documents from taskbar

How do I unpin previously pinned documents from the taskbar?

theking2, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  5. windunce Win User
    The good...Pin ,docs, txt, pics etc to taskbar YEAH!
    The bad...QL is soooooo small and such a precious piece of desktop real estate
    The ugly...upgrading from the 10 DVD onto a Genuine Activated OS, STILL prompts for keys...sigh.

Will lay low for a few weeks and see what tricks, tips and tidbits arise to squelch that nasty bug.

Thanks for your efforts and dedication, it's greatly appreciated.

windunce, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Actually QL could be left as a toolbar with a menu that expands open instead of having icons stretched across your taskbar. This would give more space on the taskbar for whatever else you may like to pin to it.

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  7. windunce Win User
    All around the mulberry bush
    This dunce chased the shortcuts.
    The dunce thought 'twas all in fun.
    Pop! UP goes the QL Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10? :)

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

windunce, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hope it'll work for what you wanted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10? - Similar Threads - 'Documents' pin taskbar

2. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar: I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?...
  3. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar: I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?...
  4. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar: Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag &...
  6. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar: Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag &...
  7. Pin to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to taskbar: Hello everyone! Does anyone know why I am not eable to ping to taskbar? 173036
  8. Pin to taskbar

Pin to taskbar: I use a microsd card like second drive on my laptop. But I cant add any exe to taskbar from any external drive. In the context menu there is just add to start option. If I move the executable in the C drive, then in the context menu appear the item add to taskbar. With...
  9. Pinning to Taskbar

Pinning to Taskbar: While trying to pin something to the Taskbar, I accidently removed File Explorer from the Taskbar. How to I pin it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-to-taskbar/3c7c361f-b7b3-4180-89f5-4f778ea32952
  10. Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10): Recently something happened with my Windows 10, as I am not able to pin any PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (I still can pin the icon of the app) and can't see recent documents. Here's the result when I right-click on the icon ("Recent" and "Pinned" menus disappeared):...