Windows 10: Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?

Discus and support Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wonder if this will work in 10? Configure Shortcut thusly: ==================================== Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windunce, Jul 31, 2015.

1. windunce Win User

Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?

Wonder if this will work in 10?

Configure Shortcut thusly:
    ====================================
    Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\WINWORD.EXE" C:
    \Users\Pam\Documents\PHONE.DOC

Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15"
    ==================================
    Drag/pin to the Taskbar??? Click to open???

:)

windunce, Jul 31, 2015
  2. theking2 Win User

Cannot unpin documents from taskbar

Document items pinned to the taskbar are no longer available. Yet the entry in pinned documents is still there and unpinning (or deleting) has no effect.

Where is the information for pinned documents stored?

theking2, Jul 31, 2015
  3. theking2 Win User
    Cannot unpin documents from taskbar

How do I unpin previously pinned documents from the taskbar?

theking2, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  5. windunce Win User
    The good...Pin ,docs, txt, pics etc to taskbar YEAH!
    The bad...QL is soooooo small and such a precious piece of desktop real estate
    The ugly...upgrading from the 10 DVD onto a Genuine Activated OS, STILL prompts for keys...sigh.

Will lay low for a few weeks and see what tricks, tips and tidbits arise to squelch that nasty bug.

Thanks for your efforts and dedication, it's greatly appreciated.

windunce, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Actually QL could be left as a toolbar with a menu that expands open instead of having icons stretched across your taskbar. This would give more space on the taskbar for whatever else you may like to pin to it.

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  7. windunce Win User
    All around the mulberry bush
    This dunce chased the shortcuts.
    The dunce thought 'twas all in fun.
    Pop! UP goes the QL Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10? :)

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

windunce, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hope it'll work for what you wanted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10? - Similar Threads - 'Documents' pin taskbar

2. Cannot pin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot pin to Taskbar: I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop. Why is there no Pin to Taskbar? When I bought my new PC I believed I would have all my usual functions plus up to date facilities of a new machine. I my pc faulty or is it Microsoft being mean for the sake of it?...
  3. Pinning Gmail to Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning Gmail to Taskbar: I'd like to be able to pin Gmail icon to the task bar, but it attaches to my Mozilla Icon. On windows xp and window 7, the icon link always showed in the TB. Have tried 4 or 5 times, but still no luck. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks 22972
  4. Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10): Recently something happened with my Windows 10, as I am not able to pin any PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (I still can pin the icon of the app) and can't see recent documents. Here's the result when I right-click on the icon ("Recent" and "Pinned" menus disappeared):...
  5. Pin This PC to TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin This PC to TaskBar: Hi, Windows 10 Does anyone know how to pin This PC to TaskBar. A simple operation, however, i will explain as follows: I have two pc's and both running Windows 10 On first pc: I somehow managed to get This PC in the start menu as seen here...
  6. Cannot drag recent/pinned documents from the Taskbar into New Email

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot drag recent/pinned documents from the Taskbar into New Email: Hi all, My problem is that I cannot drag an Excel/Word file from the Recent window (right-click on Task bar icon) into an Outlook email. I could do this in Win 7 but now my work has upgraded and I seem to have lost this amazing shortcut... I cannot find a solution, just...
  7. Taskbar pinned items

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned items: I use a couple taskbar pinned websites. Namely Facebook and Amazon. These are pinned from IE11 since Edge doesn't support. Useful and if I right click all sorts of handy shortcut. However, initially the pinned icon (or favicon) was the nice 64x64 type but over time the icons...
  8. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: all good to know but my apps that i choose to be pinned will not stay pinned 3449
  9. Pin File to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin File to Taskbar in Windows 10: Awesome @Brink! *Thumbs (a video file of all things!) This is great for frequently used .doc templates! *Thumbs [img] 96525
  10. Taskbar Auto-Pin Intrusion

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Auto-Pin Intrusion: I'm setting up a new laptop with Windows 10 and have taskbar pinning issue. The system sets up with My Documents and Internet Explorer pinned to the taskbar. When I unpin them and reboot the system they reappear again. Very annoying and I haven't found a way to stop this...