Windows 10: Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole...

Discus and support Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i want to do a fresh start but i don't know will it delete all my file or only file my OS is installed same drive with 2 partitions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tran Minh Kiet, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole...

i want to do a fresh start but i don't know will it delete all my file or only file my OS is installed same drive with 2 partitions

:)

Tran Minh Kiet, Jul 30, 2020
  2. RTFreeman Win User

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the secondary partitions as well?

Hello Petar -

The "Fresh Start" feature on Windows 10 should not touch your secondary partition. It will only effect the partition your OS is installed on.

I hope that answers your question!

RTFreeman, Jul 30, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the secondary partitions as well?

Hello, sorry about the confusion, yes it will delete the partition of the whole drive. I would suggest you to clone that partition onto another hard drive. Hope this helps!

RyoTakagi, Jul 30, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole...

Hi Peter, rest assured, your data partition will remain untouched by the 'Fresh Start' operation . . .

A Fresh Start will basically renew your Windows installation and keep your files and pre-installed Windows UWP apps on the system partition. You will need to re-install any 3rd party software, including Office . . . .

DaveM121, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole...

1. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole... - Similar Threads - doing Fresh Start

2. Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation: My name is Sarath babu, i have query on fresh installation of windows 11 proI have migrated from Windows 10 pro, part of Microsoft upgrade offer for windows 11 pro.Now system is working fine with windows11 pro, but unable to get the updates and showing error for the 2022-07...
  3. Fresh Start removed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start removed?: I restored a laptop to its original factory setting, and then updated it to Window 10 version 21H1 May 2021 update. I am wanting to rid this computer of all the bloatware it came with from the factory, and want to use the "Fresh Start" feature to do so. Now, when I follow the...
  4. Can I delete the whole OS partition on old HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I delete the whole OS partition on old HDD?: Hi! I bought a new SSD and cloned the OS from my HDD into it. I tried booting the computer without the HDD opened the computer, physically removed it and booted. It booted just fine but I noticed that the pathway for my apps is still C:/.... when the letter for the OS in...
  5. Does Fresh Start only remove .exe files

Does Fresh Start only remove .exe files: Hello there, As I like being short and direct, all I will say is the following. I'm planning on doing Fresh Start to improve my system's performance. I need your help to decide between Fresh Start and Reset This PC features. Fresh Start will remove my apps, but by "apps"...
  6. Does the reset option of "Remove Everything" formats the whole drive or only the C:/ Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does the reset option of "Remove Everything" formats the whole drive or only the C:/ Partition?: I want to reset and format my windows 10 PC, and using the reset function seems to be the easiest option (so i don't need a bootable drive and all that BIOS spiel). Thing is, i want to save a single folder with the more important stuff. My idea was to make a partition that's...
  7. Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ..."

Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ...": I have to do a completely fresh install, so I wiped the SSD clean and for good measure converted to MBR and then back to GPT. My install is completely vanilla except that I an installing to a 256 GB Windows partition out of 465 GB total on this SSD. So when i checked on...
  8. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

Fresh Start Not Removing Apps: I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh Start is selected....
  9. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Will my secondary partitions remain untouched or will they be deleted as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/will-doing-a-fresh-start-only-remove-the-partition/5e0d9cea-98dc-47ef-be7e-c5ec381c43d6
  10. Remove pre-installed Win boot partition without formatting whole HDD?

Remove pre-installed Win boot partition without formatting whole HDD?: I bought a new PC which only come with a 2TB HDD with Windows preinstalled. (also has a Windows recovery partition) I decided to put in a 128gb SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. I kept the 2TB HDD for storage or my documents and photos. I made a 1TB partition,...