Windows 10: Will doubling my ram, 8gb to 16gb ddr3 eliminate the problem with windows background...

Discus and support Will doubling my ram, 8gb to 16gb ddr3 eliminate the problem with windows background... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm hoping to upgrade right now, I'm hanging onto an older computer I've continued to rebuild. Here is the system: AMD Phenom II Processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LizVSLiz, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Will doubling my ram, 8gb to 16gb ddr3 eliminate the problem with windows background...

Hello,

I'm hoping to upgrade right now, I'm hanging onto an older computer I've continued to rebuild. Here is the system:

AMD Phenom II Processor 3200 MHz, 6 cores

8GB DDR3 Ram

SSD and HDD combination of multiple hard drives

I use this computer as a recording and mixing device for audio, if I double the ram will it be able to handle more simultaneous tasks? Multiple plugin VST's as well as outboard hardware.

The reason I ask this question, is as Microsoft processes seem to be taking up quite a bit of processing power and ram, my system is solid, no real lags, no crashes, but occasionally the workload is to great and it does crash. Not the entire computer, but the one program crashes. My main problem is recording through multiple effects, if I have several types of effects on a track and I'm trying to record, the system lags.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

submitted by /u/LizVSLiz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LizVSLiz, Jul 14, 2020
  2. ronkolda Win User

Upgrading RAM to 12GB or 16GB?

Hi everyone:

I have this machine:

Intel DB75EN...........it has 8GB of DDR3 RAM..... it's an older i5-2400 at 3ghz.

I acidentally (nice) discovered there's still a chance to improve RAM...I can't buy or afford a newer PC.

Amazon has Crucial DDR3 and they fit my machine in the specs checker they have.

I recently added an Crucial SSD and have Windows 10 installed there. It boots better and folders open faster than the HDD.

However, apps aren't faster at all. Just Windows.

The machine has 2 sticks of 4GB installed which make the 8GB. Going from 8GB to 12GB........will it make a difference?

Or it's better to go to 16GB?.

If I could I would to go to 32GB.......the machine specs says it supports up to 32GB RAM (however I can't afford it), since they're DDR3, they are older and are NOT cheap. I can only afford up to 16GB.

Should I make the effort to get 16GB or will 12GB be good?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

ronkolda, Jul 14, 2020
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

hi,

I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator.

PaulPChou, Jul 14, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Will doubling my ram, 8gb to 16gb ddr3 eliminate the problem with windows background...

8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?

I checked. The OP's RAM is Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3L-1600 UDIMM CT7347625 | 760GMA-P34 (FX) | Crucial.com, which is a kit Crucial recommends for his motherboard.

I'm at a loss to explain why CPU-Z lists the RAM as single channel. It ought to be dual, if the CPU/motherboard are functioning properly.

My own systems are AMD at the moment, but they are Socket AM4 rather than AM3+. At the level at which I play with the BIOS settings, they aren't significantly different from the Intel boards I've used in the past.

bobkn, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Will doubling my ram, 8gb to 16gb ddr3 eliminate the problem with windows background...

1. Will doubling my ram, 8gb to 16gb ddr3 eliminate the problem with windows background... - Similar Threads - doubling ram 8gb

2. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  3. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  4. Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?: TL;DR: I have a full 16gb RAM installed, but Windows only ever seems to use 8gb of it. Why? I've filled up all 4 DIMMs with some memory - 4gb per. Windows 10 identifies all 16gb in Task Manager, but only ever "uses" 8gb of it - never a single byte more. This is despite me...
  5. Windows showing 8GB of Ram when 16GB is installed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows showing 8GB of Ram when 16GB is installed.: Hi, I have an HP Pavillion x360 laptop which had 16GB of ram. Recently I completely wiped all my files and setting from windows because it was starting to get quite slow and all the files in it were not important. After the wipe, windows showed only 8GB of ram when there...
  6. 8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?

8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?: So For the Past 2 days I've been trying to fix my computer ever since I got a new Processor for Christmas. I've tried every solution and nothing has worked. Please help 1.Set VM to 0 in Boot Settings 2. Reduced VM in Performance settings 3.Checked my ram physically and...
  7. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  8. PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb: I recently built a new computer and have been getting lots of random bluescreens. They were all memory errors, so I took one of the two sticks out and the crashes stopped. I thought that maybe the stick I took out was faulty, so I switched them out to test it, but still, no...
  9. 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?: hi, I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-of-ram-or-16gb-of-ram-in-win-10/e3bac01e-ee6e-4a67-96a2-a72e245aa3c1
  10. BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes: Hello ! Sorry for my english, i'm french. I post here because i think this is the only forum can help me... My situation : I have a configuration with 16Gb of RAM but I have some BSOD with 16Gb when i play games or when i watch videos on netflix or youtube or simply when i...