Windows 10: Will factory reset delete both of my partitions?

Discus and support Will factory reset delete both of my partitions? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Will choosing to remove everything delete both my C: and D: partitions? I want to factory reset everything but keep my D: partition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Suspicious-Answer-66, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Will factory reset delete both of my partitions?

/u/Suspicious-Answer-66, Feb 1, 2021

2. Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

oh so if i install windows using xp at retail... and delete current partition.... the factory recovery disc will be obsolete and no use?

confirmation.

HiddenStupid, Feb 1, 2021
  3. trickson Win User
    Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Feb 1, 2021
  4. VBX
    vbx Win User

Will factory reset delete both of my partitions?

Help, I deleted a partition, and can't seem to "extend" the other partition

Ok, here's how it happened.

I had 2 partition. XP and Win7 x86.

I shrank the Win7 x86 partition and created a new partition (Win7 X64)

I then deleted Win7 x86 partition.

----------

edit: what warup suggested did the trick. It took 20+ minutes for that software to do it, but hey it worked.. Thanks

Thema:

Will factory reset delete both of my partitions?

1. Will factory reset delete both of my partitions? - Similar Threads - factory reset delete

2. KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions: KB5034441: this update prevents security updates, when will it be fixed?If never, I have deleted 1 of 2 recovery partitions, if I delete the second, will my PC still boot ok? will this remove WinRE?...
  3. KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions: KB5034441: this update prevents security updates, when will it be fixed?If never, I have deleted 1 of 2 recovery partitions, if I delete the second, will my PC still boot ok? will this remove WinRE?...
  4. KB5034441: can I delete both recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will factory resetting my PC permanently delete my Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will factory resetting my PC permanently delete my Microsoft account?: I am looking to factory reset my dell laptop and was wandering if I did that if it would permanently delete my Microsoft account please help me. Thanks....
  6. Will factory resetting my PC permanently delete my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will factory resetting my PC permanently delete my Microsoft account?: I am looking to factory reset my dell laptop and was wandering if I did that if it would permanently delete my Microsoft account please help me. Thanks....
  7. Will factory resetting my PC permanently delete my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Creating new factory reset recovery partition

Creating new factory reset recovery partition: Hi I have recently upgraded my storage drive to ssd . Before transferring my OS to SSD i deleted the 'push button reset' system partition which had windows recovery environment. Now after transferring my OS to SSD I want to create factory reset partition containing window...
  9. PC resetting, do both delete windows?

PC resetting, do both delete windows?: I just need to know a yes or no question, not a paragraph. Will “keeping my personal files” on the windows reset feature delete windows? Since I’ve had the issue before where it completely deleted windows using the “remove everything” option, I would like to know if the other...
  10. 10 on both partitions

10 on both partitions: Hi, Just curious, I have dual booted 10 and 7 but is it possible to install the 10 upgrade on the 7 partition and run as two seperate OS as I do now? 90016