Windows 10: Will factory reset erase Windows 10?

Discus and support Will factory reset erase Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop that I wan't to give to someone, so I have to wipe it clean. I'm just afraid that Windows will erase, especially because: I really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MicasiO, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Will factory reset erase Windows 10?

I have a laptop that I wan't to give to someone, so I have to wipe it clean. I'm just afraid that Windows will erase, especially because:

1. I really doubt that the laptop came with Windows
    2. I have a watermark saying Windows isn't activated...

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/MicasiO
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MicasiO, Aug 12, 2020
  2. EarthDog Win User

Is my SSD killing Windows? [UPDATE: fixed]

SE = Secure Erase the drive. This 'resets' it back to out-of-the-factory (writes 0/1's to it essentially). IIRC, you have to initialize the drive again to be able to see it. Its a step or two deeper than formatting it through Windows.

EarthDog, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Remote erase/factory reset

I have a Lumia 950 with a non-responsive screen. I know how to remote erase the phone. What I don't know is what happens to the phone if I do so.

Does a remote erase, under Find my phone, start a factory reset, does it brick the phone, does it do something else?

My goal is to perform a factory reset without touching the phone.

BlackStar269, Aug 12, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Will factory reset erase Windows 10?

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Will factory reset erase Windows 10?

1. Will factory reset erase Windows 10? - Similar Threads - factory reset erase

2. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  3. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  4. I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...: when i try to log back in with my old profile it tells me "the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-pc-windows-10-selected-to-erase/d8f5d50c-49d4-4c8c-b975-ec596c590552
  5. I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...

I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...: when i try to log back in with my old profile it tells me "the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-pc-windows-10-selected-to-erase/d8f5d50c-49d4-4c8c-b975-ec596c590552
  6. I factory reset my PC windows 10, selected to erase everything but when reset was done it...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows 10 Factory Reset or...?

Windows 10 Factory Reset or...?: I have an HP laptop I bought 2.5 years ago. It came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled.After purchasing it, I bought an upgrade and changed my product key.This beast is seriously lagging at this point, and I want to clean it up and start with a new/fresh install.If I use the...
  8. Windows 10 factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 factory reset: I’m trying to do a full factory reset on a HP laptop with Windows 10. It has been stuck on 64% for about 12 hours. It says it needs to restart several times to reinstall Windows, but in the last 12 hours it has restarted hundreds of times. Should I just power it of and try...
  9. Windows 10 Factory Reset

Windows 10 Factory Reset: Hello. I did a factory reset and I never knew it would delete drives. I don't have sound and theres an x over it, and I used to connect to WI-FI and it shows a PC monitor with an x. How do you fix that? Please help!...
  10. Windows 10 factory reset

Windows 10 factory reset: Hi, my laptop show black screen after failed restore windows. It is run windows but didnt start anything. I cant restore to factory options. i cant run .exe, regedit, cmd. Sorry for my not good English. 114939