Windows 10: Will Final Draft 11 require an upgrade to PRO?

Discus and support Will Final Draft 11 require an upgrade to PRO? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys! I'm crazy old school and am looking to replace my beloved Sony Vaio with a Surface Laptop. A Best Buy employee has me all kinds of confused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MHeredia1, Apr 5, 2019.

1. MHeredia1 Win User

Will Final Draft 11 require an upgrade to PRO?

Hi guys! I'm crazy old school and am looking to replace my beloved Sony Vaio with a Surface Laptop. A Best Buy employee has me all kinds of confused about Windows 10 S. Can anyone tell me if I'll need to upgrade to PRO in order to download Final Draft 11 and Scrivener directly from the sites using my key codes?

:)

MHeredia1, Apr 5, 2019
  2. JesseS Win User

Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9

Hi there,

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and for the most part, it was fantastic. I love the look and feel of it, but there's this one thing that kept being a problem for me: I'm an aspiring screenwriter and like most aspiring screenwriters (and most professionals), my software of choice is Final Draft 9. Now, Final Draft 9 often suffers an error that prevents from saving files as PDFs unless you right-click the Final Draft icon and select "Run As Administrator." I used to able to do this without any problems in Windows 8.1, but after upgrading to Windows 10, I would select "Run As Administrator", confirm that I wanted to open the software, and nothing would happen. The only time I ever got the software to open was when I double-clicked on it, which caused me to run afoul of the error I mentioned above.

At the moment, I've rolled back my computer to Windows 8.1 so I can use Final Draft, but I'd really like to be able to use it with Windows 10, which brings me to my question: How do I fix the seeming inability to run Final Draft as an administrator on Windows 10?

JesseS, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Chuck58 Win User
    Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9

I have a problem involving Final Draft 9 as well. It won't open at all. I've clicked on it and get a notification, Final Draft cannot open.

I've run troubleshooter and it tells me 'incompatible program - Final Draft.' Uninstalled and reinstalled using a fresh copy from Final Draft and get the same result. Naturally, this has to be the single program I use most. And tried running it as Administrator, with no luck.

Contacted FD and they are aware of the PDF issue but say they've received no other complaints of FD not working at all in Win 10. I will keep FD on my machine and hope it magically will start sometime soon.

I've got no antivirus other than Windows Defender, no other security software to interfere. No clue what's going on.

Chuck58, Apr 5, 2019
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

Thema:

1. Will Final Draft 11 require an upgrade to PRO? - Similar Threads - Final Draft require

2. Minimum requirements to upgrade to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimum requirements to upgrade to 11: Just built a PC and i installed windows 10 but want to upgrade to 11. It tells me the PC doesn't meet to minimum requirements to upgrade when I do, Not sure what to do now,...
  3. Minimum requirements to upgrade to 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minimum requirements to upgrade to 11: Just built a PC and i installed windows 10 but want to upgrade to 11. It tells me the PC doesn't meet to minimum requirements to upgrade when I do, Not sure what to do now,...
  4. Minimum requirements to upgrade to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS: Hi everyone, Appreciate some feed-back. My 7 year old Sony Vaio Hybrid NoteBook/Tablet SVF14N that came with factory i7 4 core TPM 2.0 8Gb Ram 1000Gb 2.4GHz clock speed is apparently not good enough for Windows 11, even though my Sony has all the bells/whistles for Windows...
  6. WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS

WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS: Hi everyone, Appreciate some feed-back. My 7 year old Sony Vaio Hybrid NoteBook/Tablet SVF14N that came with factory i7 4 core TPM 2.0 8Gb Ram 1000Gb 2.4GHz clock speed is apparently not good enough for Windows 11, even though my Sony has all the bells/whistles for Windows...
  7. Win 11 Upgrade Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Upgrade Requirements: I am checking to see if my computer qualifies for Win 11 upgrade. Win update says I am not elligble yet my chip is on the approved processer i7-7700 list. See snipI am running TPM version 2.0 See Snipany ideas why?...
  8. Win 11 Upgrade Requirements

Win 11 Upgrade Requirements: I am checking to see if my computer qualifies for Win 11 upgrade. Win update says I am not elligble yet my chip is on the approved processer i7-7700 list. See snipI am running TPM version 2.0 See Snipany ideas why?...
  9. Final Draft compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Final Draft compatibility: Hello, So as I said in a separate emails about Word and Live Mail, I am having real problems as a consequence, it seems to me, of recent Windows 10 updates. Windows Live Mail, Word and yes, Final Draft are now all malfunctioning. Aside from internet browsing, these are the...
  10. Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9

Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9: Hi there, I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and for the most part, it was fantastic. I love the look and feel of it, but there's this one thing that kept being a problem for me: I'm an aspiring screenwriter and like most aspiring screenwriters (and most professionals), my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Using Final Draft 11 on win 10 PC