Windows 10: Will fresh start get rid of Facebook ?

Discus and support Will fresh start get rid of Facebook ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; WIll Fresh start get rid of Facebook ,which I don't want to happen .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Huyton1944, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Will fresh start get rid of Facebook ?

WIll Fresh start get rid of Facebook ,which I don't want to happen .

:)

Huyton1944, Sep 14, 2018
  2. caperjack Win User

facebook locks up

thank you for the info ,did as suggested ,but cant check it out till I use facebook for chat again .*Cool

caperjack, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Please help me get rid of the Facebook app!

I foolishly installed the facebook beta app from the Windows 10 store,now I'm getting popups notifying me of posts in Facebook and I find that really annoying. I've tried blocking notifications in Chrome and Torch browser, manually deleting anything relating to Facebook from inside the Windowsapps folder but I still get those damn notifications! GRRRR!!! Under the apps and features section in the settings menu, the Facebook beta app is still listed but can't be removed, trying to uninstall it gives me an 0x80073cfa error. I even tried removing the app with PowerShell and I got an error. How the bloody hell do I rid myself of this thing?

Infinitrium, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Will fresh start get rid of Facebook ?

Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Will fresh start get rid of Facebook ?

1. Will fresh start get rid of Facebook ? - Similar Threads - fresh start rid

2. Fresh start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fresh start: I recently purchased a new ssd and discovered the fresh start feature. When completing the fresh start do i have to reinstall windows back onto my hard drive or can i install it on the ssd? also if i do a fresh start will i have to buy a new activation key? Many thanks Kyle...
  3. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  4. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh Start: Windows keeps saying to do a fresh start if I do will I need a disc copy of windows 10 or is it on my laptop and to I need the product code. Because I don't have it I got this laptop used and I'm afraid I will mess up my laptop....
  5. cannot activate Get Started button for fresh start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot activate Get Started button for fresh start: actual problem is buffering on video playback. Can't fix so trying to get a fresh start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-get-started-button-for-fresh-start/79704f22-c94c-4547-b9a3-24dc5442443e
  6. fresh start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start: Hi, I did a fresh start yesterday,,, oh my!!! I wish I hadn't. All because I saw that it was recommended. I've been trying to fix my batterey only charging to 58% and it came up so I thought, why not if it needs to. It's wiped my google chrome & my Norton protection to name...
  7. Can't get rid of facebook, twitter, candycrush etc on ver 1709

Can't get rid of facebook, twitter, candycrush etc on ver 1709: Has anyone found a way to get rid of these useless apps? If i uninstall they come right back. I did a clean install of windows 10 Pro ver 1709 bought from MS. The old power shell uninstall no longer works it seems and these apps are not even listed in the add/remove...
  8. Please help me get rid of the Facebook app!

Please help me get rid of the Facebook app!: I foolishly installed the facebook beta app from the Windows 10 store,now I'm getting popups notifying me of posts in Facebook and I find that really annoying. I've tried blocking notifications in Chrome and Torch browser, manually deleting anything relating to Facebook from...
  9. How do I get rid of Facebook desktop pop-ups

How do I get rid of Facebook desktop pop-ups: I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and now I get a pop-up whenever I get a new Facebook message. This pop up shows the whole message near the action centre. I have tried disabling every notification setting on my computer and I don't have the Facebook app. How do I turn...
  10. Get rid of right half of start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of right half of start menu: Click the start menu button. The left half is the traditional side- the right half is the side with all those live tiles and windows 8.1/windows 10 style touch apps. How do I get rid of that right part? Problem in my googling is that I don't know what it's called. Closest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what apps will a Fresh Start get rid of