Windows 10: Will future updates fix my broken Windows Defender?

Discus and support Will future updates fix my broken Windows Defender? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows defender suddenly stopped working turns out this is a common problem, i dont know if i want use recovery because its says im gonna lose all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PuLuBii, Aug 21, 2020.

1. PuLuBii Win User

Will future updates fix my broken Windows Defender?

My windows defender suddenly stopped working turns out this is a common problem, i dont know if i want use recovery because its says im gonna lose all my apps on the c drive.

:)

PuLuBii, Aug 21, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Aug 21, 2020
  3. How to inhibit future updates to Windows Defender from Microsoft?

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Windows Defender is the default antivirus app included with Windows 10. Defender is based on the Microsoft Security Essentials app which offers better protection by adding full blown protection against all kinds of malware. Whenever you install any 3rd party
    security software, Windows Defender is automatically disabled. However, if you can disable Windows Defender manually as well.

Here is how you can disable it:

Step 1:

a. Type Windows Defender in search bar and click it.

b. When Defender window is open, click on the Settings button.

c. Toggle the "Real-time protection" option to Off. This will disable Windows Defender.

Step 2: Disable Windows Defender real-time monitoring

To disable real-time monitoring, start a Windows PowerShell console as an administrator run the following command, and hit
    Enter:

Step 3: If you are still receiving updates related to Windows Defender, Microsoft has also released an application that allows you to hide updates and thus prevent Windows from reinstalling them until a revised version becomes available.

Download the troubleshooter wushowhide.diagcab from Microsoft; it’s a standalone application, no installation required.

Refer: How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

When you deploy the standalone application, search for the KB number for Windows Defender installed, place a check mark on that and follow the on-screen instructions.

NOTE:

• Microsoft will not recommend the user to hide the updates, as the latest updates released will have the fixes for the previous updates and security updates will also be offered for the users.

• Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Usage
      of Third Party Software are done at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Will future updates fix my broken Windows Defender?

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Will future updates fix my broken Windows Defender?

1. Will future updates fix my broken Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - future updates fix

2. Windows defender is broken

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is broken: Hello so if i make a quick scan it detects a virus so i click delete it doesn't do anything so i want to delete it my way i go to that folder and i dont see itplease tell me how to fix it...
  3. Windows defender is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is broken: Hello so if i make a quick scan it detects a virus so i click delete it doesn't do anything so i want to delete it my way i go to that folder and i dont see itplease tell me how to fix it...
  4. Is my Windows Defender broken?

Is my Windows Defender broken?: I have scanned a few items and the exact numbers don't show up. It's always a thousand. I tested this out on my other computer and it didn't have this problem. Do I need to update again or should I do something about it?...
  5. Windows Update broken but fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update broken but fixed: Windows update was broken on my computer for two months. The C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder was full of bad stuff. I went to Contact Us - Microsoft Support for help. I followed all the instructions from the chat robot until I finally got to talk to a support person....
  6. Windows Update and Defender broken...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update and Defender broken...: I have gone through hours of troubleshooting methods and none has worked... This is my first time using Reddit, hopefully, you guys can help me. I don't know what it is, it shouldnt be a virus, all my third party anti virus applications are not detecting anything yet every...
  7. Windows Defender is missing, Windows update is broken

Windows Defender is missing, Windows update is broken: As the title suggests, both services have stopped functioning altogether. Windows Defender files are also missing from the registry. Did not create a fresh system backup. Any solutions?...
  8. Windows defender is broken and updates stopped

Windows defender is broken and updates stopped: ever since I removed the Windows.old folder. strange. I ran windows update troubleshooter, it came back with an error of some sort, corrupt files.. I was just trying to gain more space on OS drive is how all this came to happen.. thanks in advance... 142364
  9. Windows Defender broken

Windows Defender broken: I am having this problem with my windows defender that I believe might be glitched out/bugged out, I have read tons of threads and suggestions from them, and none have helped. Firstly, on the home screen, it just shows a white blank screen where the contents should be, also I...
  10. Windows Defender is Broken

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Defender is Broken: Today I was looking at windows defender but... lol [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-is-broken/47f70e85-b47f-40a0-acdb-c791fbb49d4c