Windows 10: Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...

Discus and support Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Say I set a file to have full control permission and ownership for the Administrators, if I transfer this to another computer with a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/asdi8cic8cxzcxzzx, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...

Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to... [​IMG]

Say I set a file to have full control permission and ownership for the Administrators, if I transfer this to another computer with a different device name, will the file also have full control and ownership for administrators on that computer? If not, will changing the device name to the same as the original computer, make this the case? I ask because the administrator group has the device name before it.

https://preview.redd.it/8uqfgr1n3ab...bp&s=c5372e7b11e0518416c466ab0f0bbcd230834a19

submitted by /u/asdi8cic8cxzcxzzx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/asdi8cic8cxzcxzzx, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Scooze__ Win User

File Ownership, and Permissions

So, I've thoroughly messed up some files on my pc somehow, as I have what appears to be "Full Control" and "Ownership" of the files.

The problem however is that even though these things seem to be true, I'm still met with a message suggesting I need permission from a user that technically doesn't exist anymore. These are Windows.old files after I performed a recovery of the system.
    They are taking up a massive chunk of my OS drive, and I want that space.

I've done everything I know to do to take ownership, and subsequently add all the permissions to the files that I need. Beyond that I removed every other credential so that my primary account (which is also an administrator) would be the only one with full
    control of the files (System, admins as a group, and the account itself all have "Full Control" listed.)

Does anyone know why these ghost permissions are still in effect, and how I could remove it? This account it's saying I need permission from is NOT listed on any of it's permissions. Besides, the account literally doesn't exist anymore.

Help?

Scooze__, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...

Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

I have been tearing what little hair I have left out of my head trying to copy a file from my desktop to the appropriate folder in the Kodi folder buried in the XBMC… folder in Windowsapps in a brand-new fairly high-end laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get beyond first what appears to be a UAC “Destination Folder Access Denied” error message saying “You’ll need to provide administrative permission to copy to this folder.” If I click on the UAC “continue” button I get another “Destination Folder Access Denied” error box saying “You need permission to perform this action.” The second error box has only “Try Again” and “Cancel” buttons. Nothing is listed under “More details” in either error box.

Here is most of what I have tried:

1. changing ownership of Windowsapps and all folders below it to my Microsoft account user and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    2. changing ownership to administrators group for Windowsapps and all folders below it and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    3. enabling the “hidden” administrator account, going back to my Microsoft user account and granting full-control rights to the administrator account, returning to the administrator account, taking control with that account, granting full control permission to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    4. creating a new administrator account and repeating 3;
    5. completely disabling UAC through the registry, once in the default administrator account and once in my Microsoft account user.
    6. adding and using the “Take Ownership” context option on a Windowsapps folder as described in the Tutorial at Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 ; and
    7. running the following commands in an administrator command window:

Code:
    as suggested at: Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... - Windows 10 Forums
    In fact, even if I do an explicit copy from an administrator command window, I get an “access is denied” notice.

None of the many sources I have looked at online are of any help in dealing with this blockage. Please help — not only do I need to get full-control access to Windowsapps and its subfolders for this purpose, I also need to get full-control permission to Windowsapps folders in order to get rid of an annoying McAffee startup.exe which pops an error box on every boot up even though I removed McAffee in the normal way.

How can I get assured access to Windowsapps folders???

jedpaquette, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...

1. Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to... - Similar Threads - giving permissions ownership

2. I can't give anything administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't give anything administrator permission?: It's code 0x8007139f and all the tutorials for fixing it require me to give something administrator. I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-give-anything-administrator-permission/b7edc781-456d-4235-b3aa-f346cc33c3fc
  3. I can't give anything administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't give anything administrator permission?: It's code 0x8007139f and all the tutorials for fixing it require me to give something administrator. I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-give-anything-administrator-permission/b7edc781-456d-4235-b3aa-f346cc33c3fc
  4. I can't give anything administrator permission?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Giving apps file permissions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Giving apps file permissions?: I downloaded Enter the Gungeon and want to install Mod the Gungeon, but when I try opening EtG.exe with it, it says I have to get permission from the owner. I've gone through all the hassle of giving myself admin and transferring ownership to my account, so I AM the owner....
  6. Can't open files as administrator, can't give self permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open files as administrator, can't give self permissions: Hi, I'm at my wits end here with my/my friend's computer and am really hoping someone can help as we're not very tech savvy.. We've tried every resolution we could find online and nothing has worked :/. She's running Windows 10 Home Edition and can't delete files en masse...
  7. Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...: Say I set a file to have full control permission and ownership for the Administrators, if I transfer this to another computer with a different device name, will the file also have full control and ownership for administrators on that computer? If not, will changing the device...
  8. Not able to give all permission to cortona

in Cortana
    Not able to give all permission to cortona: [ATTACH]i am not able give all permission its showing this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-give-all-permission-to-cortona/1882dcbf-1985-418d-8efd-0110b5bcf14e
  9. How to give permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to give permissions?: how to give permissions ***Modified title from: permissions*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-give-permissions/352a0774-3311-4047-8075-a58cce77ef8e
  10. Family cant give permission for app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family cant give permission for app: I'm using Microsoft family and have two computers and two child account on each. I'm trying to install an app that is already working on the first computer (ROBLOX) on both accounts on the second computer. The first account worked fine now issues but the second account...