Windows 10: Will Heat from Radiator Disrupt Data through Ethernet Cable?

Discus and support Will Heat from Radiator Disrupt Data through Ethernet Cable? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to know if heat from a radiator will disrupt data running through an ethernet cable and is so, how to best avoid it. In my room I got a cat6a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Aug 12, 2020.

1. yahanna Win User

Will Heat from Radiator Disrupt Data through Ethernet Cable?

I want to know if heat from a radiator will disrupt data running through an ethernet cable and is so, how to best avoid it. In my room I got a cat6a cable I will be installing. The problem is theres a radiator in my room that heats up during winters around which I want to run my cable.

There are 2 options to doing this: 1) hook it to the ceiling which will run above the radiator, or 2) hook it to the floor which will run beneath the radiator.

In both cases heat will expose the cable. But which way will minimize the amount of heat to which the cable will be exposed?

:)

yahanna, Aug 12, 2020

2. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Will Heat from Radiator Disrupt Data through Ethernet Cable?

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Will Heat from Radiator Disrupt Data through Ethernet Cable?

1. Will Heat from Radiator Disrupt Data through Ethernet Cable? - Similar Threads - Heat Radiator Disrupt

2. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable: Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for months.Now for no apparent reason I'm struggling to get an internet connection.I did have some issues with the cooling on my pc and I...
  3. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable: Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for months.Now for no apparent reason I'm struggling to get an internet connection.I did have some issues with the cooling on my pc and I...
  4. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  6. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  7. Ethernet Cable

8. Unable to detect mobile through Data cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to detect mobile through Data cable: I've recently purchased Asus notebook X412DA. In this laptop, I'm facing the problem with detect mobile through Data cable e.g, Realme, Vivo, OPPO, Lava and may be more. Even it doesn't pop-up on the screen of the laptop and mobile both while connecting. Only just charging is...
  9. Will Heat from Radiator Disrupt Data through Ethernet Cable?

Will Heat from Radiator Disrupt Data through Ethernet Cable?: I want to know if heat from a radiator will disrupt data running through an ethernet cable and is so, how to best avoid it. In my room I got a cat6a cable I will be installing. The problem is theres a radiator in my room that heats up during winters around which I want to run...
  10. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...