Windows 10: Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10?

Discus and support Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hope this has not been asked before. I have the Windows 7 disc which I purchased and since then have upgraded to Windows 8 & 8.1 via the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CallMeSteven, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10?

Hope this has not been asked before.

I have the Windows 7 disc which I purchased and since then have upgraded to Windows 8 & 8.1 via the Windows Store.

When Windows 10 is released I'd like to do a fresh install. Does anyone know if this will be possible or would I have to buy Windows 10?

Thanks

Steven...Chigwell, UK

:)

CallMeSteven, Mar 18, 2015

2. Will I be able to do a clean install of windows 10 on a separate partion instead of upgrading my windows 7

Hi,

It is an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 that is free.

The Windows 7 License is incorporated into the final windows upgrade 10 installation.

If you wish to dual boot them, you will have to buy Windows 10.

Microsoft
    told CNET
    that Windows 10 will cost just as much as its predecessor. That means prices for Windows 10 will run anywhere from $110 for the Windows 10 Home package to $199 for the Windows 10 Pro edition. Additionally
    a Windows 10 Pro Pack will let users upgrade from Home to Pro for $99.

Microsoft prices Windows 10 licenses at $119 for Home, $199 for Pro

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 18, 2015
  3. rhuffman Win User
    Will I be able to do a clean install of windows 10 on a separate partion instead of upgrading my windows 7

Original Title: Dual Boot

Will I be able to do a clean install of windows 10 on a separate partion instead of upgrading my windows 7. I want to dual boot. I play a lot of games especially Warcraft and I do not want to have issues. I hated windows 8 so this is the main reason I do
    not want to lose windows 7.

rhuffman, Mar 18, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10?

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2015
  5. BillyBob Win User
    You don't need anything for a clean install, just don't use it as your main OS or you could have some problems.

BillyBob, Mar 18, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I think he's talking about the RTM.. and will there be an ISO for that.

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2015
  7. BillyBob Win User
    I'd say there would pretty well have to be, even though you can upgrade online, something can always go wrong and eventually you need a disk.

BillyBob, Mar 18, 2015
  8. Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10?

Yes - I did say 'when it is released'.

Although an ISO is stated, I cannot find anywhere that says you can do a clean install. Maybe this will become
    known later in the year??

9. BunnyJ New Member
    Read the link I posted.. that's what it says.. we will get ISO downloads.

Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2015
  10. So does using an ISO always offer a clean install? If so, may thanks.

11. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes.. I would burn the ISO to a DVD and perform the clean install of the OS.
    HTH

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2015
  12. BillyBob Win User
    Not always, sometimes they have to detect a previous eligible OS.

BillyBob, Mar 18, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

When you install from a DVD all you have to do is go into Custom Install option and you can install on a blank SSD/HDD or format the OS that's on there and then install the OS.

I do it all of the time.
    Link:
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2015
  14. That is why I asked *Redface

15. BunnyJ New Member
    Just follow that tutorial by Brink/Shawn and you'll be all set. It's very well written and easy to follow.
    HTH

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - able clean install

2. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  3. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  4. Doing a clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doing a clean install of Windows 10: I am doing a clean install of Windows 10 at the end of the installation reinstall a second time I was prompted to fix my PC after that it stated your PC cannot be fixed then prompted to turn PC off or go to advanced options what should I do next...
  5. How to do a clean install of windows 10?

How to do a clean install of windows 10?: I would like to do clean install of Windows 10 home on my laptop asus Q525. What partition should I install Windows 10? What partitions should I keep in case I need it in the future I created a usb drive with Windows 10 UEFI boot media using Media Creation Tool. Drive 0...
  6. How to do clean install of Windows 10

How to do clean install of Windows 10: Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-clean-install-of-windows-10/628730f1-383d-4a1d-bd78-bc1471988e5b
  7. Not able to do a clean installation. Error code: 0x80070057.

Not able to do a clean installation. Error code: 0x80070057.: I am trying to install a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on a Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO 500 GB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive which is installed in a Asus Z97-A motherboard with latest BIOS. The SSD has been installed in the M2 slot. M2 slot set as activate as...
  8. How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?

How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?: I was told in another question over in the Performance & System Failures forum and I forgot to make myself a How To doc. Hopefully the guy that had given me his list will see this and give it to me again. I hope it's just a simple Copy / Paste for him and that's what I'll do...
  9. Doing a clean install?

Doing a clean install?: Then your old OS will still be legal. Why not partition your hard drive and keep your old OS in case of problems? When I had a shop build my Win 7 desktop, I paid a little extra to have them install my legal copy of XP on a small partition. It ran some old software that...
  10. Will we be able to clean install Windows 10 post release?

Will we be able to clean install Windows 10 post release?: Microsoft has been marketing the free upgrade like crazy. But will there be an official ISO to allow us to clean install? 6611