Windows 10: Will I ever get the "October" update?

Discus and support Will I ever get the "October" update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I heard about the October update last year I was excited about some of the new features, particularly the Smartphone integration. Then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nethog61, Mar 10, 2019.

1. nethog61 Win User

Will I ever get the "October" update?

When I heard about the October update last year I was excited about some of the new features, particularly the Smartphone integration. Then the negative news hit about the update. I recall seeing advice (from Microsoft I believe) never to manually check for new updates, but wait until Microsoft pushes it to your device. Well here we are in March 2019 and my Windows 10 version is 1803 installed on May 17, 2017, OS Build 17134.590. I believe the October update is version 1809. I am wondering if my situation is normal, or should I somehow force an update?

:)

nethog61, Mar 10, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Mar 10, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Mar 10, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Will I ever get the "October" update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Will I ever get the "October" update? - Similar Threads - ever October update

2. Will Paint ever get updated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Paint ever get updated?: It retains all the bugs it had from windows 7 and 8 for example, flipping an image left or right of an image like a sprite gets rid of the lower area. And sometimes the color black can't be selected. Opening up an image and using the eraser recolor method doesn't work for...
  3. Get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Staying up to date with the latest Windows Update releases keeps your device safe and running efficiently. Click the link ⬇️ to check to see if you have the latest update release. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update [ATTACH]...
  4. October Update

October Update: Is the October Update still being distributed? My wife still did not get it and our library Win 10 computer also has not gotten it. I know there were delays, but this seems very late. I actually got my October Update on Dec. 11 which I believe was too early because I am...
  5. October Update

October Update: When was the October Update first offered to the non-tech Win 10 users - or when will it be offered? Someone seems to think he may have gotten it before it was cleaned up and ready for general distribution....
  6. Having installed the October Update will I get the revised Update installed?

Having installed the October Update will I get the revised Update installed?: I installed the October Update (KB41003437) before Microsoft stopped issuing. It so my Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) was then at 1809 OS Build 17134.285. So if I have installed the Old October update will the new October update still be installed? Should say I haven't noticed...
  7. October Update

October Update: Hello Again! I'm getting really fed up with these updates, in April, Homegroup was removed, which I used. Now after the October update, I had to use the onscreen keyboard to sign in as my keyboard no longer worked. My pc no longer works as a Media Server, although all the...
  8. I cannot get October update through Windows Update?

I cannot get October update through Windows Update?: Today is 06-Nov-18 and I have been click the button "Check for update" several times to get Windows October Update but it seems unavailable for me. That version was permanently stop? When can I get it?...
  9. The October update?

The October update?: Is the October update released again? My desktop Pc is updated without problems. Shortly after MS stopped the update. There is no update for my laptop yet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-october-update/ecc41463-5a98-4fae-85eb-e4c445683bd6
  10. October Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October Update: Facing BLUE SCREEN problems (BSOD) on my Dell Inspiron 7560 laptop after october update. Not able to install latest patch tuesday update KB...330 ! Please HELP ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-update/1da15b2a-ce17-4620-a20d-97230136da62