Windows 10: Will I have to pay again if I reinstall a paid app that I uninstalled?

Discus and support Will I have to pay again if I reinstall a paid app that I uninstalled? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I paid and downloaded for the Age of Empires Definitive Edition from the Microsoft Store. I was planning to uninstall it because I am not using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by acfs1982, Jul 30, 2019.

1. acfs1982 Win User

Will I have to pay again if I reinstall a paid app that I uninstalled?

I paid and downloaded for the Age of Empires Definitive Edition from the Microsoft Store. I was planning to uninstall it because I am not using it right now (got bored playing with the game) and it is taking up a huge space (17 gig) in my Surface laptop 2. I might, however, reinstall it again in the future if I feel like playing it again. Will I have to pay again to download and reinstall it?

:)

acfs1982, Jul 30, 2019
  2. MarkTiede Win User

Uninstalled app can't be reinstalled.

I was having trouble with an app. The developer suggested I uninstall the app, then reboot, the reinstall it. I uninstalled the app. I rebooted. I went to the store to reinstall it and the store says it is already installed and provides a "Launch" button.
    But the app is NOT installed. It doesn't show up in the list of apps. And clicking the "Launch" button does nothing.

So now I am stuck with a paid for app that I can't get reinstalled.

How do I get around this?

(on 950xl)

MarkTiede, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Is there any way to reinstall a paid app without paying for it again?

Hi,
    I bought Gooroovster on 4/5, and downloaded it to my LG Quantum. Today, I am transferring over apps to my Lumia 900, but for some reason Gooroovster only shows up as a trial instead of a paid app. I double checked my e-mail & bank statement, and I did
    in fact pay for the app. Is there any reason why my phone is only giving me the option to try or buy instead of reinstalling?

Thanks!

leomentlines, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Will I have to pay again if I reinstall a paid app that I uninstalled?

Is there any way to reinstall a paid app without paying for it again?

Thanks.. I did use the method on that thread to get most of my paid apps back. Will I have to pay again if I reinstall a paid app that I uninstalled? :) For some reason this app prompts me to pay again versus asking would I like to re-install like the others. :\

leomentlines, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Will I have to pay again if I reinstall a paid app that I uninstalled?

1. Will I have to pay again if I reinstall a paid app that I uninstalled? - Similar Threads - pay again reinstall

2. I uninstalled MSFS and when I tried to get it back in xbox app I have to pay for it again!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled MSFS and when I tried to get it back in xbox app I have to pay for it again!: Hello I stupidly deleted MSFS2020, and I could not find advice or support. So I reset my PC as the Microsoft error code advised me and then when I went to the Xbox App it says I have to pay for it! I literally bought it 1 week ago and was shocked to find that I have to pay...
  3. i have paid for microsoft tech support for quite some time. Now, I am still paying but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have paid for microsoft tech support for quite some time. Now, I am still paying but I...: I have paid for tech support for a long time. I still pay but I think m payment this month is overdue. How can I get the tech support services I have been paying for?...
  4. i have paid for microsoft tech support for quite some time. Now, I am still paying but I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have paid for microsoft tech support for quite some time. Now, I am still paying but I...: I have paid for tech support for a long time. I still pay but I think m payment this month is overdue. How can I get the tech support services I have been paying for?...
  5. i have paid for microsoft tech support for quite some time. Now, I am still paying but I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It: So I was working on a art project, when the app just froze so I uninstalled it. Whenever I try and reinstall it it says "You Own This App", when I clearly don't. I deleted it. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, it has happened to many other apps even...
  7. paid for minecraft long ago, now i have to pay again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paid for minecraft long ago, now i have to pay again?: I have been trying to search for an answer to this one but everyone just says to go to Microsoft store and re-0download it. I bought minecraft for PC in 2013, from mojang. i got a new PC and its telling me i have to buy it again java i bought it from mojang- not Microsoft so...
  8. why i will never pay for windows again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why i will never pay for windows again: We have here a computer which runs a very complicate algorithm of aligning DNA sequences with enzymes to calculate possible candidates for an anti-cancer therapy for a particular genome. This morning were almost 2 weeks since it was running and still had some to go, however...
  9. UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING A PAID FOR GAME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING A PAID FOR GAME: i have world of tanks blitz and due to an updating problem i contacted wot blitz and they told me uninstall it from my computer,telling me to run a command with my search app which i did,theni had to restart my computer then go to microsoft store to reinstall it,when i tried...
  10. Do I have to pay to have Windows reinstalled?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I have to pay to have Windows reinstalled?: I've had my laptop repaired after water damage. They've fix various things appeartley but say that the hard drive also needs to be replaced. In the quote for the repairs is a fee for installing Windows but can't I just reinstall with the windows key I have from when I...