Windows 10: Will i loose my personal files when i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro?

Discus and support Will i loose my personal files when i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ok so ive been planning to upgrade from windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro (i already have a product key btw) and uhh im just really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thedarkelixir, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Will i loose my personal files when i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro?

ok so ive been planning to upgrade from windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro (i already have a product key btw) and uhh im just really curious if i will loose all my personal files or even files ive downloaded from the internet, apps, program files, photos, videos, games, projects etc. i always keep all those files in my d drive (hdd) although there were some apps that are in my c drive

so am i gonna loose all that stuff once i upgrade to win 10 pro?

submitted by /u/thedarkelixir
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thedarkelixir, Aug 7, 2020
  2. RPaul888 Win User

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home?

I have a 4-computer home network. 3 are upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The 4th is a Toshiba L775D-S7222 which upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home. All are 4 computers are Build 18362, which is apparently also called 1903.

The 3 computers with Win 10 Pro can access the 2T Dynex HD hanging of a Netgear N900 Dual Ban Gigabit Router WNDR4500x2. The Toshiba can not.

The issue has something to do with the inability of the Toshiba (Win 10 Home) not being able to map to the 2T Dynex in Windows Explorer. The weblink that arises states the SBM1 communications software is obsolete and that SBM2 or SBM3 is required.

I have communicated with a local computer technician, who suggested upgrading to Windows 10 PRO for this machine because "there is better network support in Win 10 Pro".

Is there some reasonable "incremental price" that I could pay to upgrade the existing Win 10 HOME to PRO? Or, is there a sofware fix to eliminate my problem that would permit me to continue using Win 10 HOME?

Please suggestions & guidance on next steps will be much appreciated

Thank you very much.

Paul -

RPaul888, Aug 7, 2020
  3. How do I pay for an upgrade to Win 10 Pro when I'm only eligible for Win 10 Home

I'm ready to upgrade to win 10 now - I'm eligible for the Win 10 Home version and have a valid retail license. I want to start right out with Win 10 Pro and do a clean install in one step. I know I can download the Win 10 Pro 64 bit .iso file. How do
    I pay for the $99 (?) upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro?

MaintenanceGuy9941, Aug 7, 2020
  4. RealNeil Win User

Will i loose my personal files when i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro?

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Will i loose my personal files when i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro?

1. Will i loose my personal files when i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro? - Similar Threads - loose personal files

2. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  3. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  4. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: how do i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-win-10-home-to-win-10-pro/79422b22-dcb0-49db-8c3e-78c41d0b4cb5
  6. Should I upgrade from win 10 home to PRO?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I upgrade from win 10 home to PRO?!: hi guys, i am getting a new laptop and it comes with win 10 home pre installed. i will be using it mainly for making music and a little bit of gaming. i read somewhere that pro has better protection than home. should i upgrade?! submitted by /u/8ugustus [link] [comments]...
  7. Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: I have win 10 home come with my pc and I wont to upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling the win 10 image, I search a lot for cheaper key and I can't tell if the key for a lifetime or not and some product key tell me that I can't upgrade from home to pro without...
  8. Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home: Just realized that I bought a Win10 Pro upgrade (from Win 10 Home) at the MS Store on 01/13/17, but never installed it! I have the order number but I don't think I ever got a Product Key. How can I install the update so I can get Pro and use Bit Locker? Thanks....
  9. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...
  10. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: I am having difficulty upgrade my laptop from Win 10 home to Win 10 pro because the Win 10 home licence is a digital licence and my new Win 10 pro licence is a new Product Key licence. I have no idea that they were different. The Win 10 Pro licence is a valid genuine key but...