Windows 10: Will I loose my Windows 10 digital Liscence Linked to microsoft account after reinstalling...

Discus and support Will I loose my Windows 10 digital Liscence Linked to microsoft account after reinstalling... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have bought windows 10 retail key online and linked to my Microsoft account. My question is, If I reinstall my Windows 10, will i be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ArindamMaity1, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Will I loose my Windows 10 digital Liscence Linked to microsoft account after reinstalling...

I have bought windows 10 retail key online and linked to my Microsoft account.
    My question is,

If I reinstall my Windows 10, will i be able to reactivate my windows 10 licence with the same key after reinstalling windows 10?

:)

ArindamMaity1, Feb 2, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Will I loose my Windows 10 digital Liscence Linked to microsoft account after reinstalling... [​IMG]

MCardona81, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital "

Yes.

Yes. Signing in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, the password is always that of Microsoft account.

Yes. Digital license of a Windows 10 PC can only be attached to one MS account at any given time.

Yes.

Please notice that license transfer and management can be confusing if you do not use descriptive computer names.

By default Windows names a PC with DESKTOP-XXXXXXX where XXXXXXX is a random 7 character alphanumeric string. Naming your PC before assigning license to a Microsoft account helps you to identify your computers and digital licenses when transferring licenses.

Here's how to name a PC when installing Windows 10:

6L1pl1VoGNs
    (Video from thread Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums! Solved - Windows 10 Forums)

To give a descriptive name later, see this tutorial: Change Computer Name in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Kari, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Will I loose my Windows 10 digital Liscence Linked to microsoft account after reinstalling...

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, Will I loose my Windows 10 digital Liscence Linked to microsoft account after reinstalling... :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Will I loose my Windows 10 digital Liscence Linked to microsoft account after reinstalling...

1. Will I loose my Windows 10 digital Liscence Linked to microsoft account after reinstalling... - Similar Threads - loose digital Liscence

2. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  3. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  4. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  5. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...
  7. Microsoft digitally linked account question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft digitally linked account question.: So my neighbours been given a computer for her kids and it looks like it was a windows 7 laptop that someone has made up an email and a phone number to install windows 10 with digital licence activation. Windows works fine but starts complaining it wants to send a text to...
  8. Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account - How to reinstall

Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account - How to reinstall: My Windows 10 results from Windows 7 being freely upgraded and is classified as 'Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account' It is Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17134. I may need to do one of two things: 1. Reinstall windows on my...
  9. Windows 10 digital liscence

Windows 10 digital liscence: I got windows 10 after the free upgrade from windows 8.1 but I didn't link it with my Microsoft account cause I did not know about it at the time. Now I reinstalled windows 10 and I would like know how to retrieve my digital license for activation....
  10. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License: How to: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License How to Link Microsoft Account to Digital License for Windows 10 Activation Starting with Activation troubleshooter if you make a hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard. There is not a...