Windows 10: Will I loose my windows 10 pro activation key if I reset my surface to factory settings?

Discus and support Will I loose my windows 10 pro activation key if I reset my surface to factory settings? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am curious to know if I reset my surface pro 6 to factory settings will I lose my windows 10 pro license key? I got the home version out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Abdullah _224, May 20, 2020.

1. Will I loose my windows 10 pro activation key if I reset my surface to factory settings?

Hello,

I am curious to know if I reset my surface pro 6 to factory settings will I lose my windows 10 pro license key? I got the home version out of the box then upgraded to pro. Another question is it possible to use the same product key on a another windows PC or should I have to deactivate the product key and used it on the other PC? I am curious thats all!

Thank you in advanced.

:)

Abdullah _224, May 20, 2020

2. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, May 20, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 20, 2020
  4. Will I loose my windows 10 pro activation key if I reset my surface to factory settings?

Surface Go Windows 10 Activation Key

It looks like you used a generic key of Windows 10 Pro from the internet to upgrade editions. Surface Go ships with Windows 10 Home.

Operating System (OS) Windows 10 Home in S Mode

Now 2 options I see to fix this:

1. Restore your Surface using Recovery Image.

2. Contact Surface support and ask them to help activating your copy of Windows-they also might suggest Restoring Factory Settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/surfacereco...

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 20, 2020
Thema:

Will I loose my windows 10 pro activation key if I reset my surface to factory settings?

1. Will I loose my windows 10 pro activation key if I reset my surface to factory settings? - Similar Threads - loose pro activation

2. will I lose my license for win 10 if I reset it to factory settings. My windows license is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will I lose my license for win 10 if I reset it to factory settings. My windows license is...: My wifi adaptor is getting disabled every time I am restarting, putting my system to sleep or shutting it down. So I want to reset my laptop to the factory setting to see if the issue is rectified. But I am afraid that I might lose my windows licence as it is a digital 1 not...
  3. How to activate Windows 10 Digital Key if I loose access to my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate Windows 10 Digital Key if I loose access to my PC: Hello,I have windows 10 activated with a digital license linked to my MS account.I have the following question:Assuming I loose my laptop/it gets stolen/I loose access to it/get's broken/hdd life ends or whatever possible happens and I can't use this laptop anymore:1. What...
  4. will i loose my windows pro after factory reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will i loose my windows pro after factory reset?: if i factory reset my pc that had windows 10 but added product key to unlock windows 10pro will i loose the product code and have to pay for it again?...
  5. I keep loosing my keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I keep loosing my keyboard settings: Hi, Recently upgraded my pc. Changed mobo, cpu, rams. My keyboard remains the same, and it doesn't have any software to setup the lighting mode, but it has shortcuts to personalise the lights . The thing is that after the upgrade...
  6. Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings

Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings: Hi, Since I no longer use my surface Pro for my business, I want to reset the device and start from scratch. I'm not nervous about doing this and understand it might take a while for the system to update the latest patches, but I can live with that. I am twitchy about...
  7. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  8. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  9. I LOST MY WINDOW 10 PRO ACTIVATION KEY

I LOST MY WINDOW 10 PRO ACTIVATION KEY: PLEASE TELL HELP MOHAN KR TIWARI <PII removed> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-window-10-pro-activation-key/1531f9d3-aea0-4161-a093-f0fc40a85863"
  10. Activation Keys and Factory Resetting

Activation Keys and Factory Resetting: I know that factory resetting requires a activation key. I want to factory reset my computer so can i use the current activation key on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-keys-and-factory-resetting/c9ebe1a3-ee82-4502-9a1a-81f52eca7eb6