Windows 10: Will I lose my data if I buy a genuine Windows 10?

Discus and support Will I lose my data if I buy a genuine Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi , I bought an old laptop long time ago and recently i found out that this laptop has a non-genuine Windows 10 and I obviously don't have a product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Phoebe Truong, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Will I lose my data if I buy a genuine Windows 10?

Hi ,

I bought an old laptop long time ago and recently i found out that this laptop has a non-genuine Windows 10 and I obviously don't have a product key. That's why i can't activate or upgrade my windows, which is super annoying. I don't mind buying a new genuine windows 10 from microsoft but I'm so worried that if I do so i will lose all my important data because I can't backup anything with this unactivated non-genuine version of Windows I'm having. Therefore could somebody please answer me, if I change the whole new windows, will my data be safe? If not, is there any way that i can keep all my data.

Thank you so much

:)

Phoebe Truong, Oct 29, 2020

2. restore from Windows 10 Pro to genuine Windows 10 Home without losing data

Hi,

I realize that you want to restore from Windows 10 Pro to genuine Windows 10 Home without losing data. I will try to help you with this issue.

As you have data to be backed up, suggest you to back the data first. Once that is done as Windows 10 Pro was installed instead of Windows 10 Home, you need to install Windows 7 Home first, then ensure that it is activated and then upgrade to
    Windows 10 Home. You may also use the Windows 10 ISO for the upgrade purpose.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 29, 2020
  3. warup89 Win User
    Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Will I lose my data if I buy a genuine Windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Will I lose my data if I buy a genuine Windows 10?

1. Will I lose my data if I buy a genuine Windows 10? - Similar Threads - lose data buy

2. Why can't I "Buy genuine Windows"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I "Buy genuine Windows"?: I recently installed Windows 10 Pro N on my computer by a flash drive with a setup last update being dated 9/8/2022 I created through the Media Creation Tool. After I finished installing the OS, the first thing I wanted to do was activate it. I pretended to buy "genuine...
  3. Why can't I "Buy genuine Windows"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I "Buy genuine Windows"?: I recently installed Windows 10 Pro N on my computer by a flash drive with a setup last update being dated 9/8/2022 I created through the Media Creation Tool. After I finished installing the OS, the first thing I wanted to do was activate it. I pretended to buy "genuine...
  4. Why can't I "Buy genuine Windows"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?: Hello, I recently just added an SSD to my pc build. Before, I had everything on an HDD, including windows. If I reinstall windows onto the SSD will I lose all my files and data that I previously had on the HDD?...
  6. If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?: Hello, I recently just added an SSD to my pc build. Before, I had everything on an HDD, including windows. If I reinstall windows onto the SSD will I lose all my files and data that I previously had on the HDD?...
  7. If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Buy genuine Window 10 pro but activate for genuine window 10 pro

Buy genuine Window 10 pro but activate for genuine window 10 pro: ****Warning my gramma bad**** I've buy window 10 pro and Microsoft office for 160$ from computer store but today it appear activate window at bottom right on my screen I'm so confuse now I've got scammed?? or my window have bug?? or something [IMG]...
  9. How to buy a genuine windows

How to buy a genuine windows: please how do i purchase a genuine windows and what is the cost please i need your help. a link will be very much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-buy-a-genuine-windows/936b011c-5f02-4249-8127-5c09b122a6a1
  10. Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10: I am planning on reserving Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 computer and I wanted to know if I will lose everything. 8250