Windows 10: Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am planning on reserving Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 computer and I wanted to know if I will lose everything. 8250 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZeldaYoshi, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10

I am planning on reserving Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 computer and I wanted to know if I will lose everything.

:)

ZeldaYoshi, Jul 13, 2015

2. Will i lose my data if i upgrade to Windows 10?

mine all were lost all documents and photos lost Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10 :(

RobertEaly, Jul 13, 2015
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    Will i lose my data if i upgrade to Windows 10?

All you're files, photos and games etc. will still be there after the upgrade to Windows 10

WindowsOS, Jul 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10

Hello Zelda, and welcome to Ten Forums.

When you upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, you keep Windows settings, personal files, and most apps.

The tutorial below will help give you more details about what to expect with an upgrade. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Jul 13, 2015
  5. Molyy Win User
    Molyy, Jul 14, 2015
  6. Gramps Win User
    What Molyy said. You just never know what might go wrong. I recently upgraded my 8.1 to 10 (10166) and did not lose any data and/or programs, but I did clone my original 8.1 to a second hard drive, and also kept a system image on and external drive...just to be safe.

Gramps, Jul 14, 2015
  7. Thank you for answering everyone. I have upgraded a couple ago and have not lost anything and seems to be running just fine. Thanks for letting me know everyone.

ZeldaYoshi, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news. Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - lose data settings

2. Will I lose my data if I upgrade Windows 10 version 17134.1304? Its not allowing me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I lose my data if I upgrade Windows 10 version 17134.1304? Its not allowing me to...: It says update to download from store.I am on 17134.1304 windows 10How can I solve this issue?Min requirements of the app is 17763.0 or higherCan you please solve the issue for me....
  3. Will I lose my data if I upgrade Windows 10 version 17134.1304? Its not allowing me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I lose my data if I upgrade Windows 10 version 17134.1304? Its not allowing me to...: It says update to download from store.I am on 17134.1304 windows 10How can I solve this issue?Min requirements of the app is 17763.0 or higherCan you please solve the issue for me....
  4. Will I lose my data if I upgrade Windows 10 version 17134.1304? Its not allowing me to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?

If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?: Hello, I recently just added an SSD to my pc build. Before, I had everything on an HDD, including windows. If I reinstall windows onto the SSD will I lose all my files and data that I previously had on the HDD?...
  6. If I upgrade my Windows 11 to Pro will it be a clean install, losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I upgrade my Windows 11 to Pro will it be a clean install, losing data: If I upgrade my Windows 11 to Pro will it be a clean install, losing data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-my-windows-11-to-pro-will-it-be-a/38d7d3d2-9462-4666-882c-456fd78f9f7e
  7. If I upgrade my Windows 11 to Pro will it be a clean install, losing data

If I upgrade my Windows 11 to Pro will it be a clean install, losing data: If I upgrade my Windows 11 to Pro will it be a clean install, losing data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-my-windows-11-to-pro-will-it-be-a/38d7d3d2-9462-4666-882c-456fd78f9f7e
  8. Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?: Hello, I have a Huawei laptop. I want to upgrade it to windows 11 but I'm not sure if the assistant will have a keep files option. I just want to make sure with the community that it is safe to do....
  9. Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?

Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?: Hello, I have a Huawei laptop. I want to upgrade it to windows 11 but I'm not sure if the assistant will have a keep files option. I just want to make sure with the community that it is safe to do....
  10. Will I lose my data if I buy a genuine Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I lose my data if I buy a genuine Windows 10?: Hi , I bought an old laptop long time ago and recently i found out that this laptop has a non-genuine Windows 10 and I obviously don't have a product key. That's why i can't activate or upgrade my windows, which is super annoying. I don't mind buying a new genuine windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 upgrade will lose my programs and data?

2. will i lose data if i upgrade to windows 10

3. will i lose programs upgrading to windows 10