Windows 10: Will I lose my downloads if I shut down my PC?

Discus and support Will I lose my downloads if I shut down my PC? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I was downloading Forza Horizon 3 when suddenly power to my pc cut. So I rebooted the pc knowing "shutting down your computer doesn't interrupt any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Feden41, May 9, 2020.

1. Feden41 Win User

Will I lose my downloads if I shut down my PC?

So I was downloading Forza Horizon 3 when suddenly power to my pc cut. So I rebooted the pc knowing "shutting down your computer doesn't interrupt any downloads when you reboot the download will continue" but to my horror it didn't, it started all over again. So i restarted my download but it's midnight now and i want to shut down my pc will i lose my download again?

:)

Feden41, May 9, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 9, 2020
  3. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 9, 2020
  4. Will I lose my downloads if I shut down my PC?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Will I lose my downloads if I shut down my PC?

1. Will I lose my downloads if I shut down my PC? - Similar Threads - lose downloads shut

2. why is my pc shutting down when i try download yan sim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my pc shutting down when i try download yan sim: my yandere sim wont download it shuts down my whole pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-shutting-down-when-i-try-download-yan/5bfe0d9e-7e6c-486f-9e47-b5dc1c51e019
  3. why is my pc shutting down when i try download yan sim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my pc shutting down when i try download yan sim: my yandere sim wont download it shuts down my whole pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-shutting-down-when-i-try-download-yan/5bfe0d9e-7e6c-486f-9e47-b5dc1c51e019
  4. my pc shut down when i start a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc shut down when i start a game: Hello, lately my pc when I open a certain game shuts down out of nowhere, when I play cs go nothing happens, but with other games it shuts down all of a sudden, I put paste on the processor, thinking it was the cpu temperature but it's still the same...
  5. my pc shut down when i start a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc shut down when i start a game: Hello, lately my pc when I open a certain game shuts down out of nowhere, when I play cs go nothing happens, but with other games it shuts down all of a sudden, I put paste on the processor, thinking it was the cpu temperature but it's still the same...
  6. i cant shut down my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant shut down my pc: i cant shut my pc and it showing some error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-shut-down-my-pc/ce6e2a3b-4ce1-4f7d-a2c6-000e6194b7ab
  7. Can I shut down my Pc automatically?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I shut down my Pc automatically?: So, I want to download a game and I haven't finished it yet, how can I choose to have my PC shut down automatically after the download? If yes how I use Windows 10 pro so 64bit Would steam also save when I shut down my pc even though the download is not yet complete?...
  8. my pc not shutting down

my pc not shutting down: when I shutdown my pc the display went off. but the mainboard and other still on and the problem happened when I use Win 7 and 10 . when I used my win xp drive os the pc shutdown correctly im ady reinstall the windows...
  9. I can't shut down my PC.

I can't shut down my PC.: In the past, my PC was running Windows 8, but I liked Windows 10 more, so I upgraded, but then a problem occurs. If I put my PC to hibernate, sleep or to shut down, it just restarts, so I use the power button to shut it down, but I don't think that's good for the PC. Even...
  10. How can I make my pc "shut down" ?

How can I make my pc "shut down" ?: My HP laptop is using Win 10...… Most of the time it will not " shut down "...… this is very annoying and not good for the pc to be turned off by holding down the power button. I tried holding down the "shift" key when I pushed shut down...…. it even worked for awhile,...