Windows 10: will i lose my photos if i uninstall/reinstall windows 10 photot app.?

Discus and support will i lose my photos if i uninstall/reinstall windows 10 photot app.? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; will i lose my photos if i uninstall/reinstall windows 10 photot app.?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FDavidRogers, Jan 14, 2019.

1. will i lose my photos if i uninstall/reinstall windows 10 photot app.?

will i lose my photos if i uninstall/reinstall windows 10 photot app.?

:)

FDavidRogers, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 14, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 14, 2019
  4. will i lose my photos if i uninstall/reinstall windows 10 photot app.?

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

will i lose my photos if i uninstall/reinstall windows 10 photot app.?

1. will i lose my photos if i uninstall/reinstall windows 10 photot app.? - Similar Threads - lose photos uninstall

2. If I uninstall Clipchamp, and then reinstall will I lose all of my current projects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I uninstall Clipchamp, and then reinstall will I lose all of my current projects?: Hi allAm currently working on a few projects in Clipchamp. Had way to many old ones, so I deleted them, but it still wont let me process the current ones. Keeps running out of memory.I can't delete the cache or it will delete all my work which I have spent days putting...
  3. If I uninstall Clipchamp, and then reinstall will I lose all of my current projects?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I uninstall Clipchamp, and then reinstall will I lose all of my current projects?: Hi allAm currently working on a few projects in Clipchamp. Had way to many old ones, so I deleted them, but it still wont let me process the current ones. Keeps running out of memory.I can't delete the cache or it will delete all my work which I have spent days putting...
  4. How do I reinstall the Photos App in Windows 11. I uninstalled it since the fix and reset...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall the Photos App in Windows 11. I uninstalled it since the fix and reset...: The Windows Photo App stopped working again. I did the repair and reset but nothing worked. I uninstalled it. The Microsoft Store will not let me download it now....
  5. How do I reinstall the Photos App in Windows 11. I uninstalled it since the fix and reset...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall the Photos App in Windows 11. I uninstalled it since the fix and reset...: The Windows Photo App stopped working again. I did the repair and reset but nothing worked. I uninstalled it. The Microsoft Store will not let me download it now....
  6. Can I reinstall Windows and not lose my license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reinstall Windows and not lose my license?: Can I reinstall Windows and not lose my license?So im on Windows 11 and if i reinstall the os to Windows 10 will my Windows license get removed?Because im planing to reinstall to remove bloat, clean up space, and also Windows 11 runs worse than Windows 10 for me also i...
  7. I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It: So I was working on a art project, when the app just froze so I uninstalled it. Whenever I try and reinstall it it says "You Own This App", when I clearly don't. I deleted it. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, it has happened to many other apps even...
  8. If reinstall windows 10 from the Windows setup, do I lose my photos and music etc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    If reinstall windows 10 from the Windows setup, do I lose my photos and music etc?: If reinstall windows 10 from the Windows setup, do I lose my photos and music etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-reinstall-windows-10-from-the-windows-setup-do/c8160e5e-5037-4d26-b629-2aabf71743da
  9. Will I lose my license if I reinstall Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I lose my license if I reinstall Windows 10?: I have an ASUS A407UF and it has Windows 10 Home Single Languange pre-installed. I want to upgrade my laptop to SSD and install Windows on that SSD while keeping my HDD as storage. Will I lose my license? Or is it connected to the motherboard and I just have to log in to my...
  10. Can I uninstall and reinstall my windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I uninstall and reinstall my windows 10?: I upgraded my pc at the time when Microsoft was providing the free copy, I was running the 8.1 at that time. since then I am using Windows 10. From past few months, I have been into some issues coz of which I want to uninstall 10, but I am quite skeptical about uninstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will resting windows 10 photos app lose all my photos

2. If I delete Photos App on Windows PC will I lose all my photos

3. will I loose my photos if I delete and reinstall windows

4. if I uninstall the photos app will I lose my ppictures,
  5. if i uninstall photos app will i lose the pictures,
  6. if i uninstall photo gallery and then reinstall it will all my photos still appear there,
  7. if i uninstall and reinstall windows photos app will it ersae all of my pictures 2019,
  8. if i uninstall my photo app on my hp laptop and reinstall it will i lose all my photos,
  9. will I loose my photos if I uninstall the Microsoft Photos App?,
  10. if I uninstall Microsoft photos will I loose my photos,
  11. will i lose photos if relinstall windows,
  12. if i unistall the photo app on pc will i lose potos,
  13. if i delete windows and reinstall what will i lose,
  14. if i uninstall photos app will i lose pictures,
  15. will i lose my photos saved if i uninstall my photo app