Windows 10: Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives?

Discus and support Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently download Windows 10 media from the media creator onto my USB and I am planning to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. And I'm very sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin Kabbany, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives?

I am currently download Windows 10 media from the media creator onto my USB and I am planning to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. And I'm very sure once you boot into the Windows 10 Installer you get the option to format your hard drives. So, my question is: Will I lose my Windows 10 product key IF I wipe my hard drives clean? The product key is digital.

:)

Kevin Kabbany, Mar 6, 2020

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Mar 6, 2020
  3. tray Win User
    Product key after wiping

Can i still use my product key that microsoft gave to activate window 10 ,after i wipe my hard-drive?...I was thinking about selling my computer......I have already activate window 10 ,but i know after wiping the hard-drive,i would have to reinstall window 10

tray, Mar 6, 2020
  4. 2wicked Win User

Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives?

2wicked, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives?

1. Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives? - Similar Threads - lose product key

2. I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!: I was trying to perform a dual boot. I was on the ubuntu disk manager and i was trying to figure out where I had installed pear OS previously. then i accidentally clicked on the new partition table button and it cleared up the drive. realizing the mistake I've done, i...
  3. I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!: I was trying to perform a dual boot. I was on the ubuntu disk manager and i was trying to figure out where I had installed pear OS previously. then i accidentally clicked on the new partition table button and it cleared up the drive. realizing the mistake I've done, i...
  4. I lose my product key after cloud reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lose my product key after cloud reinstall: Please somebody help me,I lost my product key after cloud reinstall, I got an error code: 0x80004005 then I click to change my product key then it's asks me for previous windows product key.I don't know the previous oneWhat should I do?...
  5. I lose my product key after cloud reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lose my product key after cloud reinstall: Please somebody help me,I lost my product key after cloud reinstall, I got an error code: 0x80004005 then I click to change my product key then it's asks me for previous windows product key.I don't know the previous oneWhat should I do?...
  6. I lose my product key after cloud reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Will I lose my product key if I change drives?

Will I lose my product key if I change drives?: Hey guys! I finished building my pc yesterday and I installed windows via usb onto my nvme samsung 970 evo with the free Windows 10 Edu product key given to me from my college. After trying everything I could find, my boot up time was still 30 seconds long. I plan to get a...
  8. I NEED HALP WIPING MY HARD DRIVE

I NEED HALP WIPING MY HARD DRIVE: Im hecced cause I cant find a way to wipe it, im a stupid person, and I cant understand the diskparexe or whatever, I just need a translator to walk me through how I do...
  9. if I change the hard drive I lose my windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    if I change the hard drive I lose my windows?: I bought a new hard drive for my computer with more capacity, my problem is, if I change the hard drive I lose my windows? Do I have to buy the windows again? Is there any way to use the same license that I have on the old hard drive?...
  10. If I plug in my D hard drive, I lose my network?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I plug in my D hard drive, I lose my network?!?!: Folks, Here's the background: Computer has an Asus M5A88-M motherboard, with an AMD FX-8350 cpu. It had been running Win7/64. It has two harddrives, an SSD Samsung 850 evo (C drive) and a WD Black spinner (D drive). In Win7 I was unable to get the SSD into AHCI mode....