Windows 10: Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?

Discus and support Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’m planning on doing a factory reset of my PC. I plan to delete all files and complete wipe the hard drive. After I do this, will I need a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShyftOnReddit, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?

So I’m planning on doing a factory reset of my PC. I plan to delete all files and complete wipe the hard drive. After I do this, will I need a new windows activation key? I’m using only 1 account on my pc, which is a local account with no connected Microsoft account. I haven’t changed any hardware in my pc since installing windows the first time. Thanks!

submitted by /u/ShyftOnReddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShyftOnReddit, Jul 30, 2020

2. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

I tried it and it cannot find the key, and even after restart nothing changes.
    I did this:

1. Open a command prompt as an Administrator.
    2. Enter slmgr /upk and wait for this to complete. This will uninstall the current product key from Windows and put it into an unlicensed state.
    3. Enter slmgr /cpky and wait for this to complete. This will remove the product key from the registry if it's still there.
    4. Enter slmgr /rearm and wait for this to complete. This is to reset the Windows activation timers so the new users will be prompted to activate Windows when they put in the key.

So the only solution must be to download windows 10 home and install it from scratch ? Without using any key it will install my OEM key based on the computer hardware ?

Where can I download a windows 10 home ?

Thank you again to all !

buythiscomputer, Jul 30, 2020
  3. ST.o.CH Win User
    Need help with Windows 8 key

Hi,
    I need help with an Windows 8 key, I made an installation with the Windows 8 that went wrong after the activation, and when I was activate the key after a clean install I received a message that that key was already redeemed.
    How can I get my key back?
    I would like to move to new Windows 10 legitimately, with out piracy.

Any help or advice is very welcome.

ST.o.CH, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?

Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?

1. Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10? - Similar Threads - need activation key

2. I NEED AN ACTIVATION KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I NEED AN ACTIVATION KEY: I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE MY WINDOWS HAS FAILED TO ACTIVATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-an-activation-key/4724945d-56b0-4ecd-94ec-7559a0e1a658
  3. Windows 10 reset after activation key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset after activation key: So I'm going to be activating my Windows 10 soon, but I also want to reset it after that, so what would happen if I reset it with an activation key from kinguin.com, will the code be unable to be used again and would be unactivated, or will it still be activated? submitted...
  4. I need a key for activation

I need a key for activation: Split from this thread. Hi, my name is Neil, I'm an independent adviser and a Windows 10 user like you. This is how you add and select a new keyboard layout in Windows 10: Open Settings by clicking your Windows Start button and then the cog icon. Click on Time & Language....
  5. need windows 10 activation key

need windows 10 activation key: how I get windows 10 activation key for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-windows-10-activation-key/c108041c-3066-4c66-832b-ecefa96dd08e
  6. Need help with activating Windows 10 after complete reset.

Need help with activating Windows 10 after complete reset.: I know the product key from a download, but when I type it in it says it doesn't work and "error code 0xc0000022" All help is appreciated. Thank you....
  7. I need a activation key!

I need a activation key!: I need a activation key I had Windows 10 pro ago. I had a problem with that and I again installed Windows 10 education in my pc from a local computer shop. But my old version was activated but new one is not activated. What can I do to get a activation code?...
  8. Windows needs activation after reset

Windows needs activation after reset: it honestly started when i was trying to fix what in all honesty should have been a fairly simple problem. though in trying to find the correct solution for this case windows unraveled into a slew of sequential problems (that showed me that i know frick all about IT and...
  9. After i reset windows 10 home single language, why need to activate product key?

After i reset windows 10 home single language, why need to activate product key?: Hi all, After i reset windows 10, why system no auto activate the product key. seem last time, I recovery the system, the system is under activated. Now I don't have the product key....
  10. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC: Hello, HP ENVY laptop. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key because my Windows 10 is not activated anymore. There is no sticker on my PC and I cannot access the battery. I tried my friend "Windows 10 PRO" activation key and now my HP envy laptop is not...