Windows 10: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

Discus and support Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phil Billington, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEMWill I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on... :DM type licence according to the script?

:)

Phil Billington, Feb 28, 2024

2. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: Reactivating Windows after a hardware change - Microsoft Support

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, Feb 28, 2024
  3. upgrading the motherboard and cpu and reactivating windows 10 (free upgrade)

Hi, i'm wondering if when I upgrade my motherboard and cpu if the windows 10 free upgrade will still work, or it doesn't how will I go about reactivating it?

LewisLumsden, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

Reactivating Windows 10 after a Motherboard change

I've changed the motherboard and cannot reactivate Win 10

Th windows 10 was the free upgrade for Windows 7 so I do not have a licence number

The CPU, RAM and Hard drive are the same

I have not reloaded Windows 10 just removed old motherboard drivers and installed new ones

I have been told to use virtual assistant and I ma told it cant help and i must speak to a person

It then gives me Phone numbers for the USA and I live in Scotland

KeithBattye1, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

1. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on... - Similar Threads - need reactivate licence

2. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  3. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  4. I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....: For Christmas I will be upgrading the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase another license for Windows 11 after the upgrade because the system will be with new parts....
  5. Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello i am using i5 3gen with h61 motherboard and i am upgrading with i5 11 gen with new motherboard and ram and im gona use my old ssd so do i need to reintall windows or just driver update gona work...
  6. Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello i am using i5 3gen with h61 motherboard and i am upgrading with i5 11 gen with new motherboard and ram and im gona use my old ssd so do i need to reintall windows or just driver update gona work...
  7. Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows: I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows. It says "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I tried "Troubleshooting" but it didn't work! I also created two different entries to be called by an agent on the phone, but no one...
  9. I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows: I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows. It says "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I tried "Troubleshooting" but it didn't work! I also created two different entries to be called by an agent on the phone, but no one...
  10. Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10?: I changed out the motherboard along with the CPU and ram and now when i log into windows it has a little watermark that says 'Activate Windows' on the bottom right of my screen. When i go to settings it says no product key was found. When i click troubleshoot, it give me an...