Windows 10: Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?

Discus and support Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two licenses one Home edition and one pro edition. If I upgrade home edition to pro edition can I install home edition on another computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pracharat, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Pracharat Win User

Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?

I have two licenses one Home edition and one pro edition. If I upgrade home edition to pro edition can I install home edition on another computer?

:)

Pracharat, Dec 18, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 18, 2018
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition? - Similar Threads - retain Window Home

2. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  3. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  4. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050: I buy Window 10 pro key in the Shopee.. I want to upgrade from Window 10 Home Basic to pro but suddenlyThis error come please.. help ox004f050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-window-10-home-edition-to-pro/60e45c32-769f-4135-9e80-15b9ba8e2d72
  6. I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050

I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050: I buy Window 10 pro key in the Shopee.. I want to upgrade from Window 10 Home Basic to pro but suddenlyThis error come please.. help ox004f050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-window-10-home-edition-to-pro/60e45c32-769f-4135-9e80-15b9ba8e2d72
  7. Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro: I have purchased yesterday a new laptop with windows 10 home edition and paid for an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store. However, when i try to activate it wont, asking for a digital license or key. The only thing i manage to retrieve from the order history was...
  8. Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro

Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro: Hi, My employer have assigned me a product key of windows 10 Pro edition to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home edition to windows 10 pro. However I am getting below error while trying to do so. Error Message: The Product key you entered didn't work. Check the product...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition: I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall...
  10. windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro

windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro: is this free from Microsoft to upgrade to windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro/c9893eb5-b3aa-4a0b-af96-0ee27f5f795f