Windows 10: Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?

Discus and support Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Alright so Windows 11 is out and I want to upgrade however if something goes wrong with the installation I will have to reinstall Windows which is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SamirIssa-00, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?

Alright so Windows 11 is out and I want to upgrade however if something goes wrong with the installation I will have to reinstall Windows which is a problem because I have an OEM version of Windows and I don't think installing the drivers for my PC is possible because it was from 2014 and is probably unsupported by the manufacturer now. Fortunately there's a factory reset option that I can access by going to advanced recovery options mode however two problems here: First I'm dual booting Windows 10 and Kali Linux and if I factory reset it will return the computer to it's original state without

:)

SamirIssa-00, Oct 8, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Oct 8, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Missing options in Recovery in Settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Following are the steps to assist you in how to
    Roll Back
    to your previous OS.

• Click on the Start icon
    • Click on Settings, and then click on Update and Security.
    • On the left pane you will find Recovery option, you will find the option
      Go Back to Earlier Build and the click on Get Started.
    Your system will restore back to your previous OS.

Note:

• If you have upgraded from a Windows 7 OS to Windows 10, but your original OS in your computer is either a Windows 7 or 8. The system will roll back to the original OS
    • If you want to roll back your system to the previous OS,31 days after installing Windows 10 you will not be able to perform the roll back.
    • If you perform a Clean install while loading Windows 10, the option to roll back will not be possible.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Oct 8, 2021
  4. Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?

If I upgrade to windows 10 how will I be able to do a total system recovery ?

Here are a couple of options:

• Use your current recovery disk to restore Windows 7, then re-do the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • After doing the upgrade to Windows 10, create an image of the upgraded system and store it on your external backup disk. Now check if the image is recognised by the system.

Frederik Long, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?

1. Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11? - Similar Threads - still able recovery

2. If I choose the option to “delete everything” will I still be able to use my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I choose the option to “delete everything” will I still be able to use my computer?: 2675917371 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-choose-the-option-to-delete-everything-will-i/cca394b0-58a9-4d6f-9943-46cf48a63dfb
  3. Will I still be able to use my Microsoft Office 2007 programs after upgrading to Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I still be able to use my Microsoft Office 2007 programs after upgrading to Windows 11...: I purchased a new pc over 6 months ago and opted not to go with the Windows 11 upgrade and go with Windows 10 because I was going to install Microsoft Office 2007on it, it worked but was not supported by Microsoft anymore which was fine with me. I have recently been told by a...
  4. Will I still be able to use my Microsoft Office 2007 programs after upgrading to Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I still be able to use my Microsoft Office 2007 programs after upgrading to Windows 11...: I purchased a new pc over 6 months ago and opted not to go with the Windows 11 upgrade and go with Windows 10 because I was going to install Microsoft Office 2007on it, it worked but was not supported by Microsoft anymore which was fine with me. I have recently been told by a...
  5. Will I still be able to use my Microsoft Office 2007 programs after upgrading to Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Will I still be able to upgrade to windows 11 after downgrading to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I still be able to upgrade to windows 11 after downgrading to 10?: Hi , I downgraded to windows 10 using media creation tool because I lost the "Go back" option after the 10 days limit , but will I still be able to upgarde to windows 11 after downgrading?...
  7. Will I still be able to upgrade to windows 11 after downgrading to 10?

Will I still be able to upgrade to windows 11 after downgrading to 10?: Hi , I downgraded to windows 10 using media creation tool because I lost the "Go back" option after the 10 days limit , but will I still be able to upgarde to windows 11 after downgrading?...
  8. Will I still be able to upgrade to windows 11 after downgrading to 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?

Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?: Alright so Windows 11 is out and I want to upgrade however if something goes wrong with the installation I will have to reinstall Windows which is a problem because I have an OEM version of Windows and I don't think installing the drivers for my PC is possible because it was...
  10. Will I still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 after a reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 after a reinstallation?: Hi, Because my current Windows installation seems to have issues that are beyond fixing (http://www.eightforums.com/general-s...tml#post517811), I plan on reinstalling Windows 8.1 though the ISO Installation Media Creation tool. However, I have already reserved my...