Windows 10: Will information be lost and do I need original CDs for Windows 10 if I reset new laptop...

Discus and support Will information be lost and do I need original CDs for Windows 10 if I reset new laptop... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need to transfer ownership of an Acer Helios 300 laptop with Windows 10 to my daughter to have it registered under her name. The laptop is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by samheanchen, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Will information be lost and do I need original CDs for Windows 10 if I reset new laptop...

I need to transfer ownership of an Acer Helios 300 laptop with Windows 10 to my daughter to have it registered under her name. The laptop is still under warranty and registered in my name but I let her used it earlier as her own HP laptop broke down while in the midst of attending online classes. That was 6 months ago. Recently I bought a new similar specs Acer Helios and registered it in my name but noticed it synced via OneDrive and all my daughter's files and private chats shows up in my new laptop. What should I do? If I reset the older Helios and re-register it under her own name wil

:)

samheanchen, Sep 1, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Kari, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Information Required on CD Key in new laptop

Currently I am using ‘HP Probook 4430s’. I have been using this laptop from last 3 years operated with an original windows 7. I also have upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and I also have a CD key for windows 10. Now, I want
    to change my laptop but I am concern whether the windows 10 CD key will work on the new laptop or not. Please have a look at the screenshot below to know about its authenticity.

Could you please let me know whether the windows 10 CD key will work for my next laptop?

Thank you!

MhabuburRahman, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Will information be lost and do I need original CDs for Windows 10 if I reset new laptop...

Information Required on CD Key in new laptop

Basically, I purchased an original Windows 7 back in 2013 with a CD key in the box. Then I have updated it to Windows 10. I thought what to do if I want to make a full installation like a fresh copy of Windows 10 installation.
    On that time, I communicated to Microsoft and one customer care person called me and gave me a new CD key for Windows 10.

Windows 10 CD Key: <removed the product key>

After several months I came to know that it is not a CD key, it is a token number for W10.

Finally, I have purchased a new laptop. I have deactivated windows 10 license/Token from my old one. I tried to activate Windows 10 in my new laptop with the above token number but it was not working. Could you please tell
    me why? Or can you provide me another new token number?

MhabuburRahman, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Will information be lost and do I need original CDs for Windows 10 if I reset new laptop...

1. Will information be lost and do I need original CDs for Windows 10 if I reset new laptop... - Similar Threads - information lost need

2. Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?: Do I need to invest in malware with my new windows based computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-malware-for-my-new-windows-laptop/26266a63-8e10-4977-9c0c-1c60e266d3a4
  3. Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?: Do I need to invest in malware with my new windows based computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-malware-for-my-new-windows-laptop/26266a63-8e10-4977-9c0c-1c60e266d3a4
  4. CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop: I have loads of CDs and DVDs but my brand new Win11 Lenovo doesn't even recognise my remote USB drive. I've already looked into this and none of the fixes seem to work. Surely there MUST be a fix from microsoft for this? Not something requiring in-depth programming knowledge...
  5. CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop: I have loads of CDs and DVDs but my brand new Win11 Lenovo doesn't even recognise my remote USB drive. I've already looked into this and none of the fixes seem to work. Surely there MUST be a fix from microsoft for this? Not something requiring in-depth programming knowledge...
  6. I have a new job, is a laptop reset needed?

in Windows 10 Support
    I have a new job, is a laptop reset needed?: I will be starting a new job later this month, it is 100% remote, working from home. My new employer does not provide computers or any other hardware. I will have to supply my own computer, monitor, phone headset, mouse and keyboard. Luckily, I already have what I need. I...
  7. If I reset pc will I lost windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I reset pc will I lost windows 10?: I have upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 more than 10 days ago. Will I lost my windows 10 if I reset my pc and go back to windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-pc-will-i-lost-windows-10/00e8c07e-80a9-48f5-9fdb-789e61cb51a2
  8. Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings?: Question is in the title. I'm talking about the reset, which you can apparently now do with a head press under ''Security Settings''. PS. Windows 10 Benötige ich eine neue Windowslizens wenn ich es über die Sicherheitseinstellungen zurücksetze?
  9. i cannot updated to windows 10 and i lost the original windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cannot updated to windows 10 and i lost the original windows: In windows 10 has option to refresh windows by update all software, After i press to refresh windows then after 1 min running the pc sudden shutdown, after that come blue screen and i try to repair windows by all ways but still same issue, after that i format the pc & and...
  10. Do I need an AV on a new Win 10 laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need an AV on a new Win 10 laptop?: Hi everyone. I just bought and received an Apollo Lake laptop (celeron) so I can use in the field. I have an extra bitdefender license, but I am worried about it slowing down the performance. Is WD by itself good enough? I do transfer files frequently. The laptop has 6GB of...