Windows 10: Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?

Discus and support Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I'm new to Windows after being a Mac user for the last 20 years. I have used Windows in work, currently I use Windows 7, but everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by g41851, Dec 1, 2018.

1. g41851 Win User

Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?

Hello!

I'm new to Windows after being a Mac user for the last 20 years. I have used Windows in work, currently I use Windows 7, but everything is locked down and we can only use certain programmes and can't make any changes at all - no internet either!

So, I have installed all the apps that I am going to be using and everything is running great. I read that it's unwise to use the Admin account for everything, which is what I'm currently using. If I create a non-admin account will all the programmes I have installed on this admin account be available?

Also, will all my personal display settings and so on be available on the other account?

Many thanks!

:)

g41851, Dec 1, 2018
  2. itsmikem Win User

App not available under a non-admin user

I created a non-admin account on my Windows 10 laptop with Microsoft Office but PowerPoint is not present. It's available and working fine under the admin account. In the non-admin account, when I go to Windows 10 Settings/Apps/Apps & features, PowerPoint isn't even listed, so there is no "repair" button to click. I clicked repair under my admin account, and it still isn't available in the non-admin account. How do I make it available for my non-admin user account?

itsmikem, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?

1. Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all? - Similar Threads - installed apps under

2. Installing apps on one account, not all of them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing apps on one account, not all of them: Hello, Installing certain software such as Roblox on my Windows 10 computer adds it to all the users. I only want it on one user. But, Roblox is available on the Windows Store, so if I install it from there, will it only be for one user? The user I am using is a local...
  3. Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps': I keep getting notifications that there is a problem with one of my accounts. It was my school account from college. I want to remove it but when I go to manage it and sign in. I just get an access denied error after I sign in. I just want this account removed from my...
  4. "This app" is not available in your account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This app" is not available in your account.: I can't launch Forza Horizon 4 on my pc win 10 ver 2004.When I try to launch it from the xbox app an error pops up saying that "Forza Horizon 4 is not available in your account."I tried resetting the game,store,restarting my pc, signing out and again signing in but none of...
  5. All apps running in admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All apps running in admin privileges: I think a virus modified a registry and now all my apps are running in admin privileges despite of I click run as administrator or not. Any way to reset this registry? Pls help, and thanks. submitted by /u/Eminencia-Animations [link] [comments]...
  6. Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account?: I am always running my system as a Standard User Account and sometimes when I need to test system settings I logon to my Admin account. However, on the Start menu layout, I left it as default, in other words, I have the Live Tiles showing up on the Start Menu Layout like...
  7. Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?

Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?: Hello! I'm new to Windows after being a Mac user for the last 20 years. I have used Windows in work, currently I use Windows 7, but everything is locked down and we can only use certain programmes and can't make any changes at all - no internet either! So, I have installed...
  8. Lost all admin rights and account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all admin rights and account: Hi My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking. Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed. Cannot use...
  9. Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account: Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago. Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail app when signed in under my User account. (previously worked fine.) If I sign in under my Admin account, the mail app works...
  10. Programs installed using Admin account not available for other users

Programs installed using Admin account not available for other users: Some programs I installed using my "Admin" account are not accessible to my other "Standard" user accounts. Examples are Spotify and uTorrent. I checked and they are installed in appdata/roaming of my admin account, so I guess they were installed only for that specific...