Windows 10: Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?

Discus and support Will ipconfig return my router user name and password? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not home to try it though I am doubtful of this suggestion from Cox chat. I wanted to log into the router but can not recall either user name and or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?

Not home to try it though I am doubtful of this suggestion from Cox chat. I wanted to log into the router but can not recall either user name and or password. It is not admin and password : ) I did not make a recovery disc. If I can avoid resetting to factory default I would like to do that. Any suggestions on how to "make" my computer show me what my router user name and password is? If it matters this is my router:

https://www.netgear.com/service-prov...300BD-Cox.aspx

:)

phaedruspress, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Dann Ave Win User

Safely Changing Router Password

HI Sherry,

You should still be able to manage your router's password even with the prompt for the site not being secure. Though if you are unable to completely access your router's gateway, you can use the router's IP.

To get the IP, follow the following steps.

• Press Windows key and X.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type: ipconfig /all.
    • On the information that will show, look for DHCP Server, take note of its IP.

You can type the IP to your browser to access your router's gateway.

If you are still having concerns with accessing your router's gateway, best to contact your internet service provider if they are the ones who gave the router, or the router's manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards.

Dann Ave, Nov 1, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 1, 2018
  4. JillPara Win User

Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?

Windows security asking for user name and Password while tryig to insall a router

I tried my admin login, (Microsoft user name and PW) and every other user name and password I possibly have and didn't work.

Before I try your suggestion in credentials, will changing my password there have the affect of ultimately changing my Microsoft account password to what I choose in credentials? Thanks!

JillPara, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?

1. Will ipconfig return my router user name and password? - Similar Threads - ipconfig return router

2. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  3. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Please help Me with this, i cant access some downloads and changes. it will always direct me into this.USER ACCOUNT CONTROLDo you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?USER ACCOUNTS CONTROL PANELVerified publisher: Microsoft WindowsCLSID:...
  4. How to change router name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change router name and password: Hi! Someone tried to get into my computer's Bluetooth this morning and I'm really creeped out. The name of the device is "View 1". It's made me think there might be cameras here in my new apartment. I'd like to change my router information as it's set to default from...
  5. passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  6. AutoComplete/User Names & Passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AutoComplete/User Names & Passwords: I know how to change the settings, but I had previously clicked "no" on a couple of sites wanting to save my username and password. Now I want them to remember me. How can I change this? Do I need to clear the saved history and start fresh? Thank you!...
  7. administrator user name / password

administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...
  8. Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?

Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?: Not home to try it though I am doubtful of this suggestion from Cox chat. I wanted to log into the router but can not recall either user name and or password. It is not admin and password : ) I did not make a recovery disc. If I can avoid resetting to factory default I would...
  9. User names and Passwords

User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...
  10. router name

router name: How do I change the name and password of my router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/router-name/345f4235-37ec-4b7f-bce3-745754a801d8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forgot ipconfig name and password