Windows 10: Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?

Discus and support Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I say beta I'm generically referring to alpha, beta, CP, etc. But I'm wondering if an in-place upgrade from beta to RTM will be possible? Or will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnonVendetta, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?

When I say beta I'm generically referring to alpha, beta, CP, etc. But I'm wondering if an in-place upgrade from beta to RTM will be possible? Or will a clean install be required? I ask this because I'm currently running 7 Enterprise x64, but am considering installing 10 beta. However, I may not want to do so if upgrade from beta to RTM wont be possible. I will be installing either the Pro or Enterprise version of 10, mainly for the ability to defer/skip certain updates, like drivers. I dont trust Windows Update for drivers in most cases, in part because they're oftentimes not the latest version, I may not need/want a certain driver being offered, or in the worst case scenario a driver from WU may crash my PC (which has happened in the past). I also like being able to pass on certain optional software like Skype, Bing, etc, which I dont use.

Thanks for any info!

:)

AnonVendetta, Jun 18, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Will it be possible to upgrade to Windows Phone 8 and will it be free?

Anything you read about upgrading to WP8 is nothing but RUMOUR. We've heard rumours for both sides but the bottom line is Microsoft has said zilch about Windows phone 8 officially.

Entegy, Jun 18, 2015
  3. webREID Win User
    webREID, Jun 18, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?

No one knows for sure at this point. There is speculation that you'll be able to but MS has not posted anything official yet.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 18, 2015
  5. Fragment Win User
    No, there have been several points where this was confirmed already!

In a FAQ on microsoft.com

Frequently Asked Questions Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

"You can install Windows 10 Insider preview available today as a dual boot configuration with your existing version of Windows. The Windows 10 Insider Preview is eligible to be upgraded to the final release. "

Also Gabe Aul (official MS employee) answered this question multiple times with lines like "Yes it is possible.."
    Here is just one of multiple examples: Patrizio Pietro on Twitter

No worries... it will work. And as you said you have a valid 7 license it will be no problem for you to upgrade.

BUT! When you say that you want to disable driver updates by OS you may have problems as in the TP it is not working to disable the driver updates correctly at the moment. So if you plan on disabling WU completely you may not be able to perform an in-line upgrade (i.e. with physical medium).

Fragment, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?

1. Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM? - Similar Threads - possible upgrade beta

2. Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail: What is Win 10 RTM Professional Retail? How is it different from Windows 10 Home? Will you suggest me to change my laptop product key from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 RTM Professional Retail? What benefits would I get in Windows 10 RTM Professional Retail?...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from 7 not possible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from 7 not possible: **I may need more disc space. I will finagle that and return to report** Original post: Recently I upgraded a machine from 7 to 10. No real issues. Use the same stick on this machine* and No Worky. Clicking on the Setup starts and crashes. In Task Manager the process...
  4. Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10.: Hi I have a windows 7 OEM on my machine. I am looking to maybe install to windows 10 before the 29th. Firstly I will be making a full backup of windows 7. I understand, if I install, upgrade to windows 10, I can revert back to windows 7 within 30 days. After that there...
  5. Upgrading from win7pro to win 10 RTM

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading from win7pro to win 10 RTM: I am in need of assistance , so far cannot find for users a list of what has to be prepared etc for changing from Win7 to Win10. For examples I am using office 2010 so do I need to take all docs backup to dvd disc to be reinstalled. Mail (seems to be a real issue) if...
  6. is it possible upgrade windows from boot?

is it possible upgrade windows from boot?: I click upgrade and receive this message: [img] Apparently it is not possible upgrade when system boot from DVD or USB but I am not sure. please tell me that is possible or certainly should run setup.exe in other to upgrade. because current windows don't run and I...
  7. Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM

Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM: With all the information regarding upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 RTM I would have thought I could find something that would show me how to upgrade my Win 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 RTM. I could not sort it out. I have Win 7 Home Premium installed and have looked...
  8. RTM upgrading(clean install)

RTM upgrading(clean install): Been using each release since the initial release, but, haven't seen anyone address this question. Given that Win 7 and 8 will get a free upgrade, will we have the option, given a valid 7 install, to install it cleanly to, say a new SSD? Or will MS require us to do an...
  9. Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free: Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free | Windows Central [img] Yes!! There is a cosmic BUNNY!! Now this is full WIN!! *Biggrin
  10. Windows Insiders to be upgraded to Windows 10 RTM regardless of licens

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Insiders to be upgraded to Windows 10 RTM regardless of licens: Windows 10 is likely to cross over to "Insider Preview" branding from today for all those enrolled in the Windows Insider Program. This can be backed up by the "accidental" leak of almost all language variants of build 10074 yesterday, directly from Microsoft's servers, which...