Windows 10: Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install

Discus and support Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi if i missed the article on upgrading please forgive, when win 10 is finally available, i want to do a fresh install, so does that mean when it comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mn072065, Jul 24, 2015.

1. mn072065 Win User

Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install

hi if i missed the article on upgrading please forgive, when win 10 is finally available, i want to do a fresh install, so does that mean when it comes out i have to update first to get my license then start all over again to install a fresh copy? i always imaged my previous os then do i clean install since i truly believe this is the proper way with new os systems, anyway wondering if this is the case, thanks

:)

mn072065, Jul 24, 2015

2. Will Windows 10 upgrade be a fresh install and wipe all my stuff?

Files:

You have the chance NOW!!! For backing your files up! Copy your pictures, documents, and other personal files to extern harddisk, USB-sticks and OneDrive. Start with OneDrive, if you don't have any extern media yet... IF NOW ***t happens!! And do this now
    and then, so you ALLWAYS have the newest copies, please!!

Programs:

Some of them maybe work without any problems - other, you may have to install again...

But REMEMBER: Back up your files, if they are valuable - rather back up, than cry!!!

It will only be an upgrade - not a fresh install - BACK UP, ANYWAY

MicaelNielsen, Jul 24, 2015
  3. Dr Brett Win User
    Will Windows 10 upgrade be a fresh install and wipe all my stuff?

When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 it did a fresh install, so I had to set my computer up all over agian and re-install programmes, etc and it wiped all my data! So, obviously, I am worried about Windows 10 doing the same. There is nothing on
    the Microsoft site saying if it will wipe everything or not!

Dr Brett, Jul 24, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Yes.. first you have to upgrade and then you will be able to get an ISO(not sure how yet) and then you can do a clean install.

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  5. bobjoe Win User
    You can do a clean install directly from the OS, without the need for a disc. Go to recovery, then "Reset this PC".

bobjoe, Jul 24, 2015
  6. mn072065 Win User
    But first i have to let it install the upgrade then after all installed then i do pc reset? Sorry just want to be sure. I will probably uninstall everything i have so upgrade is faster so i can do clean install.

mn072065, Jul 24, 2015
  7. Jackman33 Win User
    After you do the upgrade and get the ISO, then later decide to do a fresh install, what key would you use? Do you get a new one when you get the ISO?

Jackman33, Jul 24, 2015
  8. Rocky Win User

On the 29th, can't a person just RESET their computer after the final version of Windows 10 is installed? Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing as a clean install with an ISO?

Rocky, Jul 24, 2015
  9. Rocky Win User
    You could use SHOWKEY to find your new product key.

Rocky, Jul 24, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    No.. a clean instal typically involves wiping the drive clean and then installing the OS from the ISO. Leaving nothing behind from the previous OS.

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  11. Antilope Win User
    Wonder if the RTM version will have an .esd file we can make an ISO from right away, without waiting for Microsoft to post one?

Antilope, Jul 25, 2015
  12. Jackman33 Win User
    Does the ISO contain a key? I have a copy of Win 10 reserved from the Insider Preview and never used a key to get it installed, so where will it come from?

Jackman33, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install - Similar Threads - upgrade Fresh Install

2. winload.exe error on first boot after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    winload.exe error on first boot after fresh install.: Reinstalling windows to a new fresh GPT ssd in UEFI mode, I have other disk drives hooked up, one is an NVME that has my old W10 on it. But I tried installing through a USB and this is what I get when manually selecting the drive in boot order. I've tried this process twice...
  3. Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]: Ok, I have read enough articles, many posts here on reddit and have some advices from friends. All are equally split between "just upgrade to 10 already, it's not as it was in the past. Just upgrade from within 7" and "of course you will go to a fresh clean install at some...
  4. Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot

Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot: I have a 2018 iMac and I am installing a fresh copy of Win10 Home 64 bit after the most recent update made the system crash after every reboot. After successfully reinstalling this on a fresh partition now it crashes on every reboot / reinstall whether i install any updates...
  5. Win10 Fresh install black screen after the first restart

Win10 Fresh install black screen after the first restart: Hi, I have decided to do a fresh windows 10 install on my laptop (dell xps17), I upgraded it a while back from win7 to win 10 and it ran fine. I created the installtion media through the windows iso download tool and am using a USB to do the install. After booting to the...
  6. Fresh install, upgraded license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh install, upgraded license: Hello, I am current running on Windows 10 Pro, upgraded from Windows 7 Pro Retail. I am going to make a fresh install Win 10, but with which Product Key will I need to use to active (Windows 7)? Or do I have to install Windows 7 first (and upgrade to Windows 10 again)?...
  7. Clean install not activated despite upgrading first.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install not activated despite upgrading first.: Hi guys, I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 but in settings it's showing as Windows 10 Home and not activated. I upgraded from W7 Ultimate to W10 Pro without a problem so not sure why it's not activating. I did format the main drive during clean install,...
  8. Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?: So I have upgraded from W7 to W10. But there is all kinds of annoying bugs and problems that my friend who did a fresh install doesn't have. So I want to just re-install a fresh W10 rather this upgraded version from W7. How can i do this now that I already upgraded? 20799
  9. Being advised not to upgrade but to fresh install ?

Being advised not to upgrade but to fresh install ?: im so confused right now! people are reporting tons of problems when upgrading to win10, and my friends to do a fresh install of it ? but i though windows 10 was a upgrade only thing ? or do they mean my current OS as of right now.. to do a clean install and then upgrade...
  10. Anniversary: upgrade vs fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary: upgrade vs fresh install: Hey there, I've upgraded to Anniversary release using Upgrade Assistant, having Win 10 64-bit Pro version installed and everything is looking good until now. My concern is related to the programs functionality that was already installed, is this a good choice are there...