Windows 10: Will Microsoft ever stop pushing W10 upgrades and migration to W11? Or is it that we have...

Discus and support Will Microsoft ever stop pushing W10 upgrades and migration to W11? Or is it that we have... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Separado de esta conversación.Dear Jason GuerI respectfully tell you that update messages has become either a major headache or a pain where I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VFXXX, Jun 23, 2022.

1. VFXXX Win User

Will Microsoft ever stop pushing W10 upgrades and migration to W11? Or is it that we have...

Separado de esta conversación.Dear Jason GuerI respectfully tell you that update messages has become either a major headache or a pain where I don't tell you.Windows Microsoft has become extremely intrusive causing damage to thousands of PCs with its faulty updates. I have had to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch twice thanks to its updates.So what's the rush to update something that already works?About Windows 11? I'd rather not talk, but Microsoft insists in a very insulting way that it should be installed one day yes and the next too. However, microsof

:)

VFXXX, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Ken429 Win User

Migrate W10 Anniversary version to an upgraded PC?

I have two old systems running W10 with the Anniversary update applied. I want to upgrade the MB and Processor on these systems but don't want to buy yet another copy of Windows. The last time I ran into this issue the Microsoft CSR said I'd have to go back to the W8 CD/Key and go thru the updating process - W8, W8.1, W10, W10 update and now W10 Anniversary update. It seems Microsoft has a data base of where (MB and CPU) W10 is installed and does not like it when you try to update to new hardware with an update version of W10. I got the message that W10 was installed on another system and I needed to purchase a new key at activation time. Luckily, I had a "spare W8 key" and was able to get around the problem. Before I go buy a Linux Bible, is there a way to keep the W10 "key" from the old systems and migrate to newer hardware without having to spend many hours stepping thru the updates?

Ken429, Jun 23, 2022
  3. KevinBorg Win User
    My w10 pc is finally ready & approved for w11 upgrade - thank you

Hey guys,
    Just dropped back in to say thanks again, here's the new screen shot showing my W10 -21H1
    PC is finally W11 Approved and ready to go after downloading and applying Shawn's
    W10 Core Isolation Memory Integrity registry fixes.
    It only took seconds to apply and it worked flawlessly. It also fixed the drivers that were stopping me from getting the Core Isolation to work in the first place.
    Secure Boot and TPM are now all turned on and ready for W11 Upgrade.
    Here are my PC and Windows Settings Pages showing everything all turned On
    and Approved and ready for W11 Upgrade.
    Thank you all so much, yr awesome and you have saved me so much time and frustration
    as I was getting nowhere online until I found the W10 and W11 Forum.

WINDOW 10 UPDATE PAGE IN SETTINGS
    Showing my PC is now Approved and Ready for W11 Upgrade

Will Microsoft ever stop pushing W10 upgrades and migration to W11? Or is it that we have... [​IMG]

WINDOW 10 SECURITY PAGE
    Showing Core Isolation is now turned On and ready for W11 Upgrade

Will Microsoft ever stop pushing W10 upgrades and migration to W11? Or is it that we have... [​IMG]

WINDOW 10 DEVICE SECURITY PAGE

Showing all 3 Security Features required by Microsoft ready for W11 Upgrade
    1- Core Isolation Turned On
    2- TPM Trusted Platform Module Turned On
    3- Secure Boot Turned On

I hope I have inserted these pics correctly, and all the best with yr own PCs
    Thanks again
    Cheers Kev

KevinBorg, Jun 23, 2022
  4. JimP5 Win User

Will Microsoft ever stop pushing W10 upgrades and migration to W11? Or is it that we have...

Lumia update stuck at migrating your data.

A normal power button shutdown worked on my Lumia 640. W10 upgrade stalled at migrating data, Step 20 of 22, 0%. I performed a shutdown. The phone restarted automatically. It showed it was migrating data at Step 1 of 3. It completed in a minute. The phone
    appears to be operating normally with W10 installed.

JimP5, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Will Microsoft ever stop pushing W10 upgrades and migration to W11? Or is it that we have... - Similar Threads - Microsoft ever stop

2. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  3. Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick question regarding a W10 Pro to W11 upgrade: I have the notification that I can upgrade to W11 22H2 in updates services.I 'm currently running W10 Pro because I utilize Hyper-V.Does the upgrade to W11 22H2 automatically put me on the Pro version or does it dump me to Home?...
  4. Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11: Hi, I just did a fresh install from Windows 10 to 11 Pro a few weeks ago, and since then my system freezes and I'm having some weird BSODs.I did not had them in Windows 10.My computer is kinda a complete solution, I use for work, CFTV, media server and gaming, and he could...
  5. Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11

Various BSODs after upgrading from W10 to W11: Hi, I just did a fresh install from Windows 10 to 11 Pro a few weeks ago, and since then my system freezes and I'm having some weird BSODs.I did not had them in Windows 10.My computer is kinda a complete solution, I use for work, CFTV, media server and gaming, and he could...
  6. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate W10 to SSD: Dear Sir/MadamHelloCurrently I have two HDD Drives W10 installed on one of them , the second one System image stored on it,Soon I will get another two SSD Drives "SATA or M2" , The question is how to connect both SSD Drives and HDD drives so I can restore system image to a...
  7. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate W10 to SSD: Dear Sir/MadamHelloCurrently I have two HDD Drives W10 installed on one of them , the second one System image stored on it,Soon I will get another two SSD Drives "SATA or M2" , The question is how to connect both SSD Drives and HDD drives so I can restore system image to a...
  8. Migrate W10 to SSD

9. Help migrating WinLiveMail for W10 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Help migrating WinLiveMail for W10 upgrade: I have a W7 pro x64 system here with Windows Live Mail, and I need help to make absolutely sure I do not lose email/contacts during the upgrade. I have tried exporting emails using the tutorial by Brink in sevenforums. However, it appears that I only get one folder in each of...
  10. Migrate W10 Anniversary version to an upgraded PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate W10 Anniversary version to an upgraded PC?: I have two old systems running W10 with the Anniversary update applied. I want to upgrade the MB and Processor on these systems but don't want to buy yet another copy of Windows. The last time I ran into this issue the Microsoft CSR said I'd have to go back to the W8 CD/Key...