Windows 10: Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?

Discus and support Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I will try again, in case someone sensible at Microsoft might start fixing this. 1. Go to Settings/Time & Language/Language and add 3 total languages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by George_F, Apr 7, 2019.

1. George_F Win User

Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?

I will try again, in case someone sensible at Microsoft might start fixing this.

1. Go to Settings/Time & Language/Language and add 3 total languages to your system.

2. Alt+Shift now switches between 3 keyboard input languages.

Let's now try to remove one of these keyboard input languages, something possible in all Windows versions except Windows 10. Assuming it's French we want to remove:

1. Go to Settings/Time & Language/Language

2. Press on French/Options/Keyboard/French. There's a Remove button there. Press it too.

It does not work.

To sum up, Windows 10 does not allow us to remove, or add keyboard input languages individually.

Please don't tell me to use Feedback Hub etc. Did that months ago with zero results.

:)

George_F, Apr 7, 2019

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?

Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?

1. Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug? - Similar Threads - Microsoft fix serious

2. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged: I have a somewhat baffling issue. I have to use more than 10 different input methods for typing in different languages on my home PC and Surface since I need them for work. My devices share their keyboards due to my account synchronising. Though the device language is always...
  3. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged: I have a somewhat baffling issue. I have to use more than 10 different input methods for typing in different languages on my home PC and Surface since I need them for work. My devices share their keyboards due to my account synchronising. Though the device language is always...
  4. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. keyboard shortcuts input language

keyboard shortcuts input language: I set keyboard shortcuts input language in order to quickly change from one language to another in my keyboard. I set ctlr+uppercase+1 and ctlr+uppercase+2 for the two languages I use. The problem is that after a while, I do not know why exactly, these settings are gone!...
  6. Keyboard input language issues.

Keyboard input language issues.: my keyboard now produces é instead of backslash and É instead of question mark How do I repair ***Original Title: Keyboard*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-input-language-issues/50445bf1-de0a-4629-bf99-738c8bd491da
  7. Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch': when i type 'i' , it will always show as 'ch' , help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-keyboard-input-bug-the-letter-on/98441286-6dd2-46d5-b185-cd7728417c67
  8. Keyboard language bugs

Keyboard language bugs: I've been getting an issue for a long time on windows 10 now, I've found numerous threads with the same issue but no resolution. However my issue now is slightly different, but I think I know what may be causing it. Firstly, at times my language bar will bug out. I have US...
  9. Keyboard language bug

Keyboard language bug: Hi, For a couple months now, I have had this new computer and I installed all the keyboards I normally use in a day (US, FR, ENG CMS, ENG CAFR, etc.). However, every time I open my computer, I only see the FR and US keyboards. To see all my keyboards I need to click on...
  10. Bug when switching between input languages

Bug when switching between input languages: We have a desktop machine with Windows 10 Home 1803. We use English and Bulgarian as input languages. Two types of very annoying problems appear spontaneously almost every day and the only way to fix them is restart: - It becomes impossible to switch between input languages....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard bug

2. keyboard bugs fix