Windows 10: WILL MICROSOFT HIDE THE FOLDERS / FILES LIKE EVENT VIEWER SO THE SCAMMERS CAN'T "EASILY"...

Discus and support WILL MICROSOFT HIDE THE FOLDERS / FILES LIKE EVENT VIEWER SO THE SCAMMERS CAN'T "EASILY"... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I was shown the "Event Viewer" (my laptop remotely controlled by a scammer because I thought that I was talking to Microsoft support on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAPXV, Apr 10, 2019.

1. RAPXV Win User

WILL MICROSOFT HIDE THE FOLDERS / FILES LIKE EVENT VIEWER SO THE SCAMMERS CAN'T "EASILY"...

Hi,

I was shown the "Event Viewer" (my laptop remotely controlled by a scammer because I thought that I was talking to Microsoft support on the phone). It was frightening. Warnings and errors (some "critical") seemingly everywhere on the list of events. I partially fell for this scam but aborted it in the nick of time.

Ironically, a couple of weeks earlier, I had been strongly thinking about finding out everything that I could about files and folders because I thought that if I could understand the inner workings of them, it would reduce the likelihood of certain issues and, might help me understand other things and how they all worked together but I didn't act on it so ….

RAP

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

I upgraded my Win 8 machine to Win 10 software.

Machine: Lenovo (i5) G500s Touch

notebook (laptop). Wired connection

to the Internet.

:)

RAPXV, Apr 10, 2019

2. Event Viewer has over 1000 errors and warnings

That sure sounds like a scam call.

You do know that

a) neither Microsoft nor any of their partners will make unsolicited calls

and

b) that it's normal that the event viewer has lots of errors and warning...

don't you?

I hope you didn't allow anyone access to your computer.

With regard to b) suggestion to read:

With regard to a) suggestion to read/watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Apr 10, 2019
  3. p1p1dog Win User
    event viewer scammer knew my phone number, name and clsid?

How did the event viewer scammer know my phone number, name and clsid? I reported him online, have heard no response.

p1p1dog, Apr 10, 2019
  4. spike47 Win User

WILL MICROSOFT HIDE THE FOLDERS / FILES LIKE EVENT VIEWER SO THE SCAMMERS CAN'T "EASILY"...

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. WILL MICROSOFT HIDE THE FOLDERS / FILES LIKE EVENT VIEWER SO THE SCAMMERS CAN'T "EASILY"... - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT HIDE FOLDERS

2. Can't save a snip as a file in Windows 11 like I could so easily in Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't save a snip as a file in Windows 11 like I could so easily in Windows 10....: I can't work out how to save a snip in Windows 11. Instructions and previous questions I've read don't help. As I did before, I type snipping tool in bottom left 'search' field, select *snipping tool*, then *new snip*, then drag to capture snip. Snip shows on screen but no...
  3. Can't save a snip as a file in Windows 11 like I could so easily in Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save a snip as a file in Windows 11 like I could so easily in Windows 10....: I can't work out how to save a snip in Windows 11. Instructions and previous questions I've read don't help. As I did before, I type snipping tool in bottom left 'search' field, select *snipping tool*, then *new snip*, then drag to capture snip. Snip shows on screen but no...
  4. Can't Access Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access Event Viewer: Win + R and type in services.msc or even event viewer in search and get a square box popup that's red at the top, the rest of the body is gray. In the red section in small letters is User Account Control and underneath that in larger letters is This app has been blocked for...
  5. Can't Access Event Viewer

Can't Access Event Viewer: Win + R and type in services.msc or even event viewer in search and get a square box popup that's red at the top, the rest of the body is gray. In the red section in small letters is User Account Control and underneath that in larger letters is This app has been blocked for...
  6. Can't Access Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can event viewer events be easily deleted (by teens)?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can event viewer events be easily deleted (by teens)?: I'm using Event Viewer in Windows 10 to control my kids screen time. One of my kids (14yo) is a bit too tech savvy so I wonder if he may have googled for a way to delete entries (such as 4634 sign out LogonType 2 just to give an example). I guess this needs too much knowledge...
  8. a scammer hiding their phone number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a scammer hiding their phone number: I have a scammer hiding their phone number in my contact info in a bank diverting deposit code verifications. Anyone know how to find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-scammer-hiding-their-phone-number/6b554b57-5721-4438-8356-78f1d3833744"
  9. So the Microsoft Windows Store is full of scammers.

So the Microsoft Windows Store is full of scammers.: "Full of" may be a little strong (maybe not). But you have to be careful where ever you shop. There is a post over at the JRiver Media Center forum about a guy RAMESH NAGALLA who is selling JRiver for $3.99 - and bunch of other programs that he doesn't own. Apparently he...
  10. Hide Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Event Viewer error: An app generates a APPLICATION event viewer error when it's closed. The app itself performs well. How can the error be either hidden or blocked? Info on line related to MMC and the app console has been studied, but not understood. Make it simple, please. ^_^ 104211