Windows 10: will microsoft let me use external hard drive

Discus and support will microsoft let me use external hard drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; will microsoft let me buy external hard drive outside their store... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by agnestraycoff, Jan 21, 2021.

1. will microsoft let me use external hard drive

will microsoft let me buy external hard drive outside their store

:)

agnestraycoff, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jan 21, 2021
  4. twynog Win User

will microsoft let me use external hard drive

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

will microsoft let me use external hard drive

1. will microsoft let me use external hard drive - Similar Threads - microsoft let external

2. My hard drive will not let me access it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive will not let me access it: So I have a 1TB Toshiba external hard drive and it will not let me access it. I will try to click on it and then it will crash my file explorer and also my taskbar will disappear for a minute at most. I have also tried going into the properties of it but it won't let me do a...
  3. My hard drive will not let me access it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard drive will not let me access it: So I have a 1TB Toshiba external hard drive and it will not let me access it. I will try to click on it and then it will crash my file explorer and also my taskbar will disappear for a minute at most. I have also tried going into the properties of it but it won't let me do a...
  4. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  5. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  6. It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive: For some reason when I try and install a game onto my external hard drive it says that the location isn't set up for installing games and when I tried to change it from my C drive to my D drive it came up with a thing that said "Delete Other Apps" and when I press yes there...
  7. Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.: I am trying to install games from the Microsoft store to a external hard drive. Its what I play most of my steam and GOG games from. But for what ever reason I can't save games to it from the Microsoft Store. I set the drive as my app install location in settings. But when...
  8. Using a flash-drive or external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using a flash-drive or external hard drive: Recently every time I try to use a flash-drive or an external hard drive, I get this message. I don't have a problem using the logitech wireless adaptor for my mouse/keyboard but when I insert a flash-drive or external hard drive this pops up. [ATTACH]...
  9. External hard drive won't let me explore files on one specific computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive won't let me explore files on one specific computer.: Hi there, I have a 5TB external hard drive that stopped working with my Win 10 PC a few days ago. The drive is visible, but if it's plugged in I can't select it, open device manager, scan it or look at it's properties without is crashing my system. I've since tried it...
  10. I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis: I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis to backup to it. I have formatted the hard drive too. To see if that would fix the problem, but it never I can only use the Seagate software to backup to it. I have no idea why this is a problem as I have...