Windows 10: Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?

Discus and support Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 11 Home and I, along with many other users, have been experiencing ongoing issues with Windows Explorer. I've just gotten a tip that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diplocaulus, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?

I have Windows 11 Home and I, along with many other users, have been experiencing ongoing issues with Windows Explorer. I've just gotten a tip that upgrading to Windows 11 Pro will fix one of these outstanding issues. Given that Microsoft seems slow, if not reluctant to address these issues with Home, can I get the upgrade to Pro free of charge? Thanks.

:)

Diplocaulus, Mar 22, 2023
  2. JonGrimes Win User

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Upgrade Windows 11 Pro

I am sorry , I am not so sure about your issues, but for Microsoft Surface device , it is normally preinstall with Windows 10/11 S mode , you need to first switch the S mode to Home version , then you can use the windows 10/11 Pro key to upgrade from windows 10/11 Pro version, here is the steps

Switch from windows 11 S to Home :

1. open Settings > System > Activation.
    2. In the Switch to Windows 11 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.)
    3. On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button. After you see a confirmation message on the page, you'll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro:

1:Select Start > Settings > System > Activation.

2:Under Upgrade your edition of Windows, select Open Store

3:Select " I have a Windows 10/11 Pro Product Key", then Input the product Key

4: If you have any error warning , please reboot your PC and try it again

Switch windows 11 S to windows 11 Home is free of charge , but upgrade from windows 11 home to Pro need a product key if you have !

Upgrade directly from Microsoft store is for $99.99USD, but you can get a windows 11 Pro key from the Microsoft partner online store keyingo, it is cheaper but genuine too

Nollie Quercia, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?

Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?

1. Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues? - Similar Threads - Microsoft pay upgrading

2. How to fix Windows upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows upgrade from Home to Pro: How to fix Windows upgrade from Home to Pro"Windows upgrade failed Error Code 0x80070490"Upgrade was purchased through the Microsoft storeI have already tried the suggested method of using the generic license key while connected to the internet - then also while disconnected...
  3. How to fix Windows upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Windows upgrade from Home to Pro: How to fix Windows upgrade from Home to Pro"Windows upgrade failed Error Code 0x80070490"Upgrade was purchased through the Microsoft storeI have already tried the suggested method of using the generic license key while connected to the internet - then also while disconnected...
  4. How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store

How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store: Hi How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store .Please helpThanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-11-home-to-pro-from/348a2f50-11d1-4e24-8cfc-61bd02c2fc4d
  5. Upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro: partition issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro: partition issues: Why did this happen and now what? I upgraded from Windows 10 Home Windows said it was W11-ready to Windows 11 Home. I then upgraded to Windows 11 Pro recently. I noticed a drop in NVMe space. I noticed Windows created an additional "Healthy recovery" partition of 1000 MB....
  6. Upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro: partition issues

Upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro: partition issues: Why did this happen and now what? I upgraded from Windows 10 Home Windows said it was W11-ready to Windows 11 Home. I then upgraded to Windows 11 Pro recently. I noticed a drop in NVMe space. I noticed Windows created an additional "Healthy recovery" partition of 1000 MB....
  7. Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?: I have Windows 11 Home and I, along with many other users, have been experiencing ongoing issues with Windows Explorer. I've just gotten a tip that upgrading to Windows 11 Pro will fix one of these outstanding issues. Given that Microsoft seems slow, if not reluctant to...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Hi,I have the following problem.1. I bought a notebook with Windows 11 Home. Windows was activated with a personal Microsoft Account I wanted to activate it with my work account, not knowing it's not possible with thr Home edition. 2. After Windows was activated with a...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Hi,I have the following problem.1. I bought a notebook with Windows 11 Home. Windows was activated with a personal Microsoft Account I wanted to activate it with my work account, not knowing it's not possible with thr Home edition. 2. After Windows was activated with a...
  10. Upgrade issue from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade issue from Home to Pro: Hi, While trying to upgrade to Pro edition (i currently have home edition activated), my PK didn't work so I checked community forum if there is any solution, then i found out that sometimes i just have to use this PK : VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T, and after restarting...