Windows 10: Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?

Discus and support Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I absolutely do not want Windows 11. My desktop is notifying me it's time for a Windows Update. That's update, not upgrade. After this update, will I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patrick McCabe, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?

I absolutely do not want Windows 11. My desktop is notifying me it's time for a Windows Update. That's update, not upgrade. After this update, will I still have what I want: Windows 10? If I'm in danger of updating to Windows 11, please list simple steps to avoid doing so. I'm an extreme worrywort. I hope I’m not breaking any rules by posting this under both Windows 10 & 11. Sincere thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Patrick McCabe, Oct 13, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 13, 2021
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 13, 2021
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?

1. Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE? - Similar Threads - Microsoft try install

2. Microsoft ends printer driver installations and updates via Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft ends printer driver installations and updates via Windows Update: Windows users who connect a printer to a PC may notice one of two things: the printer is detected automatically and usable right away, or it is not. It is then necessary in the latter case to go hunting for drivers for that printer to install them manually on the system....
  3. 0x800704cf when trying to install Microsoft Store app via WINGET

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    0x800704cf when trying to install Microsoft Store app via WINGET: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Education 22H2. When using Winget to install Microsoft Store apps, they fail with the error “An unexpected error occurred while executing the command:0x800704cf : The network location cannot be reached.” I've tried the following steps:1. Start by...
  4. 0x800704cf when trying to install Microsoft Store app via WINGET

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x800704cf when trying to install Microsoft Store app via WINGET: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Education 22H2. When using Winget to install Microsoft Store apps, they fail with the error “An unexpected error occurred while executing the command:0x800704cf : The network location cannot be reached.” I've tried the following steps:1. Start by...
  5. Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?

Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?: I absolutely do not want Windows 11. My desktop is notifying me it's time for a Windows Update. That's update, not upgrade. After this update, will I still have what I want: Windows 10? If I'm in danger of updating to Windows 11, please list simple steps to avoid doing so....
  6. Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?: I absolutely do not want Windows 11. My desktop is notifying me it's time for a Windows Update. That's update, not upgrade. After this update, will I still have what I want: Windows 10? If I'm in danger of updating to Windows 11, please list simple steps to avoid doing so. I...
  7. Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?

Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?: I absolutely do not want Windows 11. My desktop is notifying me it's time for a Windows Update. That's update, not upgrade. After this update, will I still have what I want: Windows 10? If I'm in danger of updating to Windows 11, please list simple steps to avoid doing so. I...
  8. Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Microsoft try to install Windows 11 via an UPDATE?: I absolutely do not want Windows 11. My desktop is notifying me it's time for a Windows Update. That's update, not upgrade. After this update, will I still have what I want: Windows 10? If I'm in danger of updating to Windows 11, please list simple steps to avoid doing so....
  9. Trying to install Master Chief collection via Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to install Master Chief collection via Microsoft Store.: I became aware that Microsoft have released the MCC/Halo: Reach download ready for the 3rd December, however every time I try to install it to my machine, I get the Error: 0x803FB107 for both MCC and Halo: Reach. I have tried resetting the Windows store via the 'wsreset'...
  10. Trying to install windows via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install windows via USB: Hi Have an HP laptop trying to install windows via USB received message cant find drivers Looked in broswer area did not see any? Is it time for a new HD Thank you T 120034